Finalists for Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2008

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
DigitalPanther
Org Profile

Post by DigitalPanther » Sat May 31, 2008 2:30 am

Scintilla wrote:
DigitalPanther wrote:<b>Tim's</b> "Right Now" video was a direct parody of the original Van Halen Video of the same name. Right down to style and re-purposing some of the original text (Science building a better tomato comes to mind)
Fixed.
Tims? DOH!!!
I apologize. I thought it was one of Brad's. My deep apologies.
I fixed it.
-DP
Last edited by DigitalPanther on Sat May 31, 2008 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Sat May 31, 2008 2:33 am

DigitalPanther wrote:I thought it was one of Brad's.
That is one of the finest compliments ever paid to me...

DigitalPanther
Org Profile

Post by DigitalPanther » Sat May 31, 2008 2:34 am

xstylus wrote:
s0matic wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:I just wish that pixel aspect ratio would actually get written to my files, just realized that didn't get through on my vid export. TO which i have to say whoever is responsible for PAR not reading over in an export when set please die in a fire.
To be fair, what file container did you use? MP4 and MKV can do this just fine. However, if you submitted an .avi file like I did, I just manually did the resizing myself just in case, as IIRC, .avi files don't natively support PAR/DAR in the file header.
I know there's several container formats that will support anamorphic mode, but at some point the file will need to be rendered out of that container and into MPEG2 format for DVD.

My recommendation is to basically edit your video like normal, and when you're done, shove it into VirtualDub and resize the video to 720x406 with letterboxing added to make it full 720x480. Then export your video to HuffYUV or MainConcept DV format and we'll take it from there.
Alot of programs also have the option to "maintain aspect ratio" (that is what it was called in Premiere) which I use religiously. This automatically applied appropriate letter boxing in the timeline.

-DP

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat May 31, 2008 3:22 am

MisterFurious wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:So you think 8-)
But I know I'm not Tim Park....
Your right.. and I think he's even younger then you :P

Vlad

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Sat May 31, 2008 4:21 am

DigitalPanther wrote:
Alot of programs also have the option to "maintain aspect ratio" (that is what it was called in Premiere) which I use religiously. This automatically applied appropriate letter boxing in the timeline.

-DP
i know, hence the i feel silly. Its a very simple thing to overlook which i did.

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:47 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:and I think he's even younger then you :P
Really? I wouldn't know. I don't make it a point to keep track of the ages of AMV creators......

DigitalPanther
Org Profile

Post by DigitalPanther » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:41 am

I apologize deeply for the delay but all notifications to finalists are out as of this evening.
Thank you for your patience.
-DP

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:52 pm

I went on a tour of the Nokia auditorium that the AMV contest will be playing in.

I walked in, took a good look, and I was totally mesmerized. I just wanted to stand there and stare. Ohhhhhhh my goddddddddd is it NICE.

I really wish I had gotten off my lazy ass and entered something now. ^^;;;

The equipment they have in there is absolutely staggering, too. Totally broadcast HD quality.

dust
Org Profile

Post by dust » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:56 am

Sorry, this is my first contest entry so I'd like to make sure what I'm interpreting this correctly.

Those who submitted and were not DQ'd (or work at Dairy Queen) can pick up their creator tickets at the AMV 101 Panel at 2PM Thursday, correct?

Also, don’t trust anyone with cake, 'got that part.
Last edited by dust on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:14 am

dust wrote:Sorry, this is my first contest entry so I'd like to make sure what I'm interpreting this correctly.

Those who submitted and were not DQ'd (or work at Dairy Queen) can pick up their creator tickets at the AMV 101 Panel at 2PM Friday, correct?

Also, don’t trust anyone with cake, 'got that part.
Wait....if the contest is on Thursday, why are we picking them up on Friday? O_o

Return to “AMV Contests”