Finalists for Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2008

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Mon May 26, 2008 11:57 pm

DigitalPanther wrote:Anneke says to point out that our crystals are clear. :)
-DP
Yeah, but only after we got past Box, then met the old man. He had a LOT of cats!

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Tue May 27, 2008 12:05 am

DigitalPanther wrote:If it helps any Brad, every one of the judges recognized the music from Soarin in the first few bars. Of course they were all OC natives. :)
It does help, but not as much as the chorus of "Let's go to Disneyland" from the creators after it ran at Fanime.

What is most interesting is that my wife has never been on the ride, so her only experience with the music is the many times I played it in the car, followed by the AMV itself. I am very interested in taking her on the ride and hearing her response to the music in its original context.

A big shout-out to Jerry Goldsmith, wherever he may be....

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Tue May 27, 2008 12:08 am

anneke wrote:I'm excited that my 'Amnesia' video will be shown.
That's you? Well, why don't I just roll over and concede the drama category, then? Now I REALLY don't stand a chance!

DigitalPanther
Org Profile

Post by DigitalPanther » Tue May 27, 2008 12:08 am

MisterFurious wrote:
DigitalPanther wrote:Anneke says to point out that our crystals are clear. :)
-DP
Yeah, but only after we got past Box, then met the old man. He had a LOT of cats!
hehe true true. Funny story, For her 30th birthday thats what she wanted for her birthday so i got her the dvd.

but back to AMVs.

Regarding this dinner thing... I will likely not be able to make it unless I can sneak away from my con duties...can I request to be kept in the loop as to where it is happening. Maybe Anneke can go if I cannot escape Nokia.
-DP

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Tue May 27, 2008 12:11 am

The Wired Knight wrote:BTW Brad: you coming to the AMV dinner this year? Rider is running it and will be doing it in Little Tokyo.
Are you kidding? Count on it! I am quite familiar with Little Tokyo, having spent many a lunch there while working for a downtown accounting firm for 9 years.

Where does Rider want to have dinner? Yagura Ichiban, perhaps?

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Tue May 27, 2008 12:13 am

DigitalPanther wrote:Regarding this dinner thing... I will likely not be able to make it unless I can sneak away from my con duties...can I request to be kept in the loop as to where it is happening. Maybe Anneke can go if I cannot escape Nokia.
-DP
A very valid excuse. No shame in it....

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue May 27, 2008 12:20 am

MisterFurious wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:BTW Brad: you coming to the AMV dinner this year? Rider is running it and will be doing it in Little Tokyo.
Are you kidding? Count on it! I am quite familiar with Little Tokyo, having spent many a lunch there while working for a downtown accounting firm for 9 years.

Where does Rider want to have dinner? Yagura Ichiban, perhaps?
It'll be at Oiwake.

I think it's close to Anime Jungle.

More info here..
http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php?showtopic=8299
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Tue May 27, 2008 12:24 am

Castor Troy wrote:It'll be at Oiwake.

I think it's close to Anime Jungle.
Which is in the same mall as Yagura Ichiban. After dinner, we should all do karaoke there...

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Tue May 27, 2008 12:34 am

Congrats to the finalists, I'm looking forward to seeing the AMVs in that theater.

I broke several of my own "rules" of AMV making with my video, I'm glad everyone will get a chance to see it.

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Tue May 27, 2008 12:41 am

Studio Hybrid wrote:I broke several of my own "rules" of AMV making with my video, I'm glad everyone will get a chance to see it.
But you still kept the editing "old school." Mostly edits and hardly any effects at all. I particularly liked the way you assigned the horn section to the train. Made perfect sense.

Return to “AMV Contests”