Zenkaikon 2008 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:42 am

Krisqo wrote:
gotenks794 wrote:When you say local, does that mean you live near the King of Prussia Mall? If it does Im'a kill you and then steal your house.
By local I mean I can hop a SEPTA bus and get there. Family used to shop at the mall back in the day.

And I live in a crappy apartment near Center City. Not worth stealing. But I've got my Katana ready in case you wanna try.
I went to the Mall after the AMV contest. So much stuff I can't afford to buy.

BTW: What was the total attendance for saturday? It looked like you weren't expecting so many people...
Last edited by gotenks794 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XiaoMovieMaker
Org Profile

Post by XiaoMovieMaker » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:29 pm

what the-?
my piece of garbage of an AMV won...? :shock:

i was like...mourning over my lack of female relationship while making that vid [high school is very dramatic...]

uhh, i hated it so much i chose not to upload it to the org, sorry ppls, but i dont wanna slander my reputation after the success of "Dance Your Pants Off" :P

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Xiao, the whole room was LOLing. Some were even ROTFLing. Upload. Nao.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:10 am

gotenks794 wrote:BTW: What was the total attendance for saturday? It looked like you weren't expecting so many people...
Sorry for the long delay. There was a death in the family. ><

I think we got around 1350 people, give or take. We had to turn people away at the end. We were anticipating around 700. I was there cutting the badges out before the convention, and we had originally only made 750 non-staff / non-guest badges. We couldn't really anticipate double our expected attendance.

The room set up for AMVs only had seating for around 50 people. Based on the traffic in and out of the room, and people along the walls, it looked like we needed seating for in excess of 100. ><

Don't quote me on this, but it's my understanding that the hotel can only hold so many people, and if we continue to grow, we won't be able to have Zenkaikon at the Scanticon Hotel. We will most likely be located somewhere else for 2009.

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:23 am

I feel sorry for the guy in the drama category that got 0% of the votes. :(

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Ryvannis wrote:I feel sorry for the guy in the drama category that got 0% of the votes. :(
This is why it's not a good idea to give out detailed contest results. :?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Sonydjsnmix
Org Profile

Post by Sonydjsnmix » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:37 pm

Cool my amv didnt suck and get zero votes

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:50 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Ryvannis wrote:I feel sorry for the guy in the drama category that got 0% of the votes. :(
See, in past years, "detailed contest results" only meant giving percentages for the winners and runners-up; and if I've ever requested such results before, that's what I was understanding it to mean.

Why did everyone start giving the rest of the scores this year? (First one I noticed to do it was Otakon.) I'd much prefer going back to the old way.
If an editor contacts a coordinator privately and wants to know his/her portion of the vote, that's one thing; but to put all of them on a public forum is quite another.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ReligionX
Org Profile

Re:

Post by ReligionX » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
See, in past years, "detailed contest results" only meant giving percentages for the winners and runners-up; and if I've ever requested such results before, that's what I was understanding it to mean.

Why did everyone start giving the rest of the scores this year? (First one I noticed to do it was Otakon.) I'd much prefer going back to the old way.
If an editor contacts a coordinator privately and wants to know his/her portion of the vote, that's one thing; but to put all of them on a public forum is quite another.
Wow, I haven't checked here in a long time. Zenkaikon just had it's first 2009 staff meeting yesterday.

In hindsight it was a poor decision to post the percentages for all of the AMVs for this reason. The Zenkaikon website has been updated, but I believe that at some point, prior to the convention screening, I had promised to post percentages of votes, and to link people's AMVs to the download link on animemusicvideos.org.

I am not making any such promises this year.
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head
Zenkaikon V Website AnimeNEXT 2011

Return to “AMV Contests”