MTAC AMV needs entries! You dont hafta come; Vid can be old.

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby ZeWrestler » Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:37 am

ok, i will fill out and e-mail you the forum tonight when i get home from work.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation
ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu

Re: Sorry. Try this...

Postby Rebus_Valstay » Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:59 am

Lostboy wrote:The server is lathompson3.utmem.edu (port 21), the username is mtac3 and the password is upload. This account will only be accessible until July 25th, the contest deadline.

Access denied. :(
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Dammit! Where'd I put my cancer sticks?
Rebus_Valstay

Postby Lostboy » Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:36 am

The work server will only be up for a short time today, and will only admit 6 connections at a time. I'm trying to not draw the unwanted attention of my computer resources department and get myself fired. (I already got a warning.) :P

The home server is up, but won't take more than 15 users simultaneously, because bandwidth is limited there. It should be working fine, though. Just try it again in a little while. No cause for alarm. You still have a week left before the deadline.

Home server: lostboy.dynodns.net
username: upload
password: upload

Work server: lathompson3.utmem.edu
username: mtac3
password: upload
Lostboy

Postby Petro » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:18 am

Lostboy I upped my vids to your work server yesterday. Did you get them okay? I never got a confirmation email when I emailed you my entry form yesterday.
Let me know.

Thanks,
-Petro
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Petro

Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia

Postby Lostboy » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:24 am

Yes, i got the videos and the form from you, Petro. All looks ok. Thanks.
Lostboy

Postby Lostboy » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:26 am

Oh, Petro, yours was the one that came with an SFV file attached, to confirm none of them were corrupted. I haven't had a chance yet to check that out, but I watched the videos and saw no problems. if a problem turns up, I will notify you immediately. But I think everything is ok.
Lostboy

Postby Rebus_Valstay » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:31 am

I'll just try your home machine then... it's not worth getting you in trouble over.
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Rebus_Valstay

Postby Petro » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:42 am

Thanks Lostboy. If the vids work fine you don't need to use the SFV. I just wanted to include it incase you wanted to use it (^_^)

Thanks for the update!
-Petro
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Petro

Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia

Postby Machine » Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:25 pm

Hey Lee,

I hope you got my AMVs already.

I sent them last week before I came to Austin.
They were on CD and were MPEG1

I hope that was ok for you :D
Machine

Postby Hakura » Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:41 pm

Say Lee did you get my videos ok as well?
Hakura

Postby silver_moon » Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:04 pm

Lee, are you going to post MTAC in the contest dates list? Some of us would probably like to let others know we entered our videos in it, and want to list the contest name in our vid info^_^
silver_moon

Postby Lostboy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:00 am

Haruka: I checked yours and they all look fine.

Machine: I think I checked yours too... but it was several days before this flood of videos that people FTP'd to me, so I don't remember for certain. I'll doube-check tonight.

Silver_Moon: Oops, I'll go do that right now. ^_^;
Lostboy

Postby Rebus_Valstay » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:49 pm

Lostboy: I managed to upload the video as a zip file with the entry form enclosed. If you have any problems with it just yell at me and I'll correct it. ;)
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Rebus_Valstay

Postby Kusoyaro » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:55 pm

I'll upload a video or two tonight. I hope (damn upload cap on cable modem).
I have no idea how to use this new forum.
Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!

Muchos videos, amigos. Gracias!

Postby Lostboy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:53 pm

Thanks to everyone who has submitted videos since I posted this thread. I have gotten an amazing response.

I am officially NO LONGER doing the begging-for-videos thing, because I now actually have more videos than I'll have time to show at the contest. So I will be trimming out a few "fourth choice" videos. But I guarantee that everyone will have at LEAST one video shown in the competition (but most probably 2 or 3) unless all of their entries were designated by them as "non-competitive."

I will try to arrange time for overflow videos to be shown at another time during the con. I didn't expect such a great turnout, and I owe it to all you guys. Thanks a lot! :)

By the way... for those of you who still intend to submit videos, don't worry. I haven't put a cork in the entry box. You can still send in videos until July 25th, when I will take the FTP servers offline and no longer accept any submissions.

But I no longer need people to send in their videos just to help fill the contest time block. :wink:
Lostboy

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests