MTAC AMV needs entries! You dont hafta come; Vid can be old.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
TaranT
Org Profile

Re: Muchos videos, amigos. Gracias!

Post by TaranT » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:36 pm

Lostboy wrote: But I no longer need people to send in their videos just to help fill the contest time block.
Excellent! Looks like I didn't need to send four vids after all. But it's too late: the DVD is baking even as I type this. With a little luck I will have it to UPS before today's 4 PM deadline (2-day air).

Good luck with the contest. Hope it all goes well.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Re: Muchos videos, amigos. Gracias!

Post by Kusoyaro » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:02 pm

Lostboy wrote: But I no longer need people to send in their videos just to help fill the contest time block. :wink:
No prob, saves me the trouble of forgetting :wink:
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:30 pm

You guys ought to come to MTAC some year. All of you! En masse! Bwahahaha! That would be an unexpected surge of con attendance. Well, ok, maybe not. ¬.¬; Heheh. It's still a young con. This is its third year. We'll probably have about 1,000 people this year. I hope some of you Atlanta people can make it up there one year.

Rebus_Valstay
Org Profile

Post by Rebus_Valstay » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:34 pm

I'll have to take a look at my schedule. I, for one, would love to come being that it's only three hours away. : )
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Dammit! Where'd I put my cancer sticks?

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:25 pm

I'm trying to upload my Cheerleading Remix video to the FTP, but I accidently cancelled the upload partway through. Now there's only a portion of the video in the folder and I can't delete it or upload overtop of it with the full version. Can you please delete the file so I can upload the full version? Thanks.

pmfreak
Org Profile

Just to let you know...

Post by pmfreak » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:38 pm

Just to let you know that I'm going to summit my ANIME CITY SURVIVOR vid for the contest. Would you accept it in a MPEG-2 or Divx 5.02?

note: this is just a pic from my vid.

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:45 am

I'm having a small problem with the FTP. I got about half my first video uploaded and then the connection cut out mysteriously. I'm uploading my other one now, but because there is still half of my first one, I can't upload the rest of it because I don't have permission to resume files. What should I do?

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:40 pm

Shoot, well, I got impatient and I wanted to get all of my sending done so I made a new directory entitled failed and I am resending to that folder. If I get any kind of a response before the transfer is done I can change this, or figure out something else, but until I hear differently, I'm just going to continue transfering to that folder.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:31 pm

Sorry I was out of touch for a day or so there. Everyone's doing fine. Uploading a second file when the first is messed up is fine. I can tell which is the bad one and chuck it out. As for the question of MPEG-2 versus DivX... a properly compressed MPEG2 is more likely to yield higher quality than a DivX, but I will accept either format. Pick the one you prefer.

Everyone just be sure and remember to include an entry form either with the files you upload or via e-mail. I still have one or two entries that lack forms (I have e-mailed the people who forgot their entry forms, though, so if you didn't get an email from me about sending a form, then i got your form).

Cobra_Commander
Org Profile

Atlanta people showing up

Post by Cobra_Commander » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:45 pm

if can you send me some fairly easy directions from Atlanta (ie mapquest or some such thang) I'll post it and see who I can get from "work" to come on down...er...up.
CN ROAD TRIP!!!

I think my CC uniform is shot...might hafta show up in civies

Do you know which videos are being shown on what days?

-thanks, Lee
-CC
"Luminous Beings are we...Not this crude matter"
-Yoda, 1980

Return to “AMV Contests”