MTAC AMV needs entries! You dont hafta come; Vid can be old.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Lostboy
Org Profile

MTAC AMV needs entries! You dont hafta come; Vid can be old.

Post by Lostboy » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:10 pm

This post is to announce that my contest is seriously HURTING for some entries!! Please enter. :shock:

Read my initial post about the contest here.

I really need some entries here, guys. I don't have a lot, and at this point, the awards are going to be way too easy to win with so few contestants. Send in ANY videos. Go to the MTAC AMV website for instructions on how to submit videos.

Remember, you don't have to attend the convention to enter the contest, and the video does not have to be new, as long as it has not screened at a previous MTAC so there's no reason not to gave it a try.

In addition to the options listed on the website, I will also accept videos submitted via ftp. I can't guarantee that the server will be infallible, but you can certainly try it. E-mail me after you send the video, so I can check for it on the ftp server and make sure it arrived intact. The server is lostboy.dynodns.net (port 21, of course, for ftp), and you can log in with the username "upload" and the password "upload". Please don't send uncompressed files. Use one of the recommended compression methods on the mtac website to make it a manageable file size. My server only has about 6 GB free right now, and when it fills up, I won't be able to accept any more videos via FTP.

If you DO use the ftp option, I still need you to send me the info requested on the online form (see the website). Just include it in the mail you send, and be sure to tell me the filename that associates to the form. This is all common sense stuff, of course.

So please send your videos for the contest now. Any video you have made in the last year or two will be just fine. I don't care if it has shown elsewhere, as long as it hasn't shown in a previous MTAC contest.

E-mail me if you have questions or need clarifications.
amv@animenashville.org

Thanks.

Lee "Lostboy" Thompson
AMV Contest Director
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Humm..I'm trying to get to your FTP it logs in but it's laggin and says

PASV ??

I hope I'll be able to upload some videos for you ^^

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:48 pm

I'm sorry it's slow. It's my home computer, not a dedicated server. I will try to secure a better server tomorrow.

Please keep trying.

If you cannot get on my present server, check this thread again tomorrow night. I will let you know if I come up with a second server.

Another option is to mail me a CD-R with your videos.

I hope to see your videos soon. Thanks for trying.

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:58 pm

Okies yeah it's kinda just not doing anything...so I hope you can get it fixed ^^ I'd love to enter ^^

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:10 pm

Other videos are beginning to appear in the directory, so although it is slow, the server is working ok. Perhaps we have some kind of firewall conflict going on.

jal0021
Org Profile

Post by jal0021 » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:14 pm

I'm currently uploading a video...the server is working fine.

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:22 pm

Humm...it's really strange....still doing that humm...

I wonder if I tried a different FTP program....

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:38 pm

ill try to send ya my vid tomorrow or wed.

TaranT
Org Profile

Re: MTAC AMV needs entries!

Post by TaranT » Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:07 pm

Lostboy wrote:This post is to announce that my contest is seriously HURTING for some entries!! Please enter.
I prepared two DV AVI files this past weekend; can't FTP those, so I'm planning on mailing you a tape later this week. I'm holding off because I might be able to finish this new vid in the next day or two.

I hope the address at the Web site is correct. It'll be a mini-DV tape if my camcorder still works. Otherwise,...something else, SVHS or CD with MPEG2.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:12 pm

Just for kicks, I'm uploading an old DBZ vid I did a while back... lol :P
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Contests”