MTAC AMV needs entries! You dont hafta come; Vid can be old.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
TaranT
Org Profile

Re: Muchos videos, amigos. Gracias!

Post by TaranT » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:36 pm

Lostboy wrote: But I no longer need people to send in their videos just to help fill the contest time block.
Excellent! Looks like I didn't need to send four vids after all. But it's too late: the DVD is baking even as I type this. With a little luck I will have it to UPS before today's 4 PM deadline (2-day air).

Good luck with the contest. Hope it all goes well.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Re: Muchos videos, amigos. Gracias!

Post by Kusoyaro » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:02 pm

Lostboy wrote: But I no longer need people to send in their videos just to help fill the contest time block. :wink:
No prob, saves me the trouble of forgetting :wink:
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:30 pm

You guys ought to come to MTAC some year. All of you! En masse! Bwahahaha! That would be an unexpected surge of con attendance. Well, ok, maybe not. ¬.¬; Heheh. It's still a young con. This is its third year. We'll probably have about 1,000 people this year. I hope some of you Atlanta people can make it up there one year.

Rebus_Valstay
Org Profile

Post by Rebus_Valstay » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:34 pm

I'll have to take a look at my schedule. I, for one, would love to come being that it's only three hours away. : )
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Dammit! Where'd I put my cancer sticks?

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:25 pm

I'm trying to upload my Cheerleading Remix video to the FTP, but I accidently cancelled the upload partway through. Now there's only a portion of the video in the folder and I can't delete it or upload overtop of it with the full version. Can you please delete the file so I can upload the full version? Thanks.

pmfreak
Org Profile

Just to let you know...

Post by pmfreak » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:38 pm

Just to let you know that I'm going to summit my ANIME CITY SURVIVOR vid for the contest. Would you accept it in a MPEG-2 or Divx 5.02?

note: this is just a pic from my vid.

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:45 am

I'm having a small problem with the FTP. I got about half my first video uploaded and then the connection cut out mysteriously. I'm uploading my other one now, but because there is still half of my first one, I can't upload the rest of it because I don't have permission to resume files. What should I do?

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:40 pm

Shoot, well, I got impatient and I wanted to get all of my sending done so I made a new directory entitled failed and I am resending to that folder. If I get any kind of a response before the transfer is done I can change this, or figure out something else, but until I hear differently, I'm just going to continue transfering to that folder.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:31 pm

Sorry I was out of touch for a day or so there. Everyone's doing fine. Uploading a second file when the first is messed up is fine. I can tell which is the bad one and chuck it out. As for the question of MPEG-2 versus DivX... a properly compressed MPEG2 is more likely to yield higher quality than a DivX, but I will accept either format. Pick the one you prefer.

Everyone just be sure and remember to include an entry form either with the files you upload or via e-mail. I still have one or two entries that lack forms (I have e-mailed the people who forgot their entry forms, though, so if you didn't get an email from me about sending a form, then i got your form).

Cobra_Commander
Org Profile

Atlanta people showing up

Post by Cobra_Commander » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:45 pm

if can you send me some fairly easy directions from Atlanta (ie mapquest or some such thang) I'll post it and see who I can get from "work" to come on down...er...up.
CN ROAD TRIP!!!

I think my CC uniform is shot...might hafta show up in civies

Do you know which videos are being shown on what days?

-thanks, Lee
-CC
"Luminous Beings are we...Not this crude matter"
-Yoda, 1980

Return to “AMV Contests”