Sakura-Con Entry Deadline Coming Up!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
TaranT
Org Profile

Re: I live on the east coast

Post by TaranT » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:38 am

From the first page of this thread:
CArnesen wrote:I will be posting the screening list on the Saturday after the contest. Winners will be posted Sunday evening. Awards will be mailed on Tuesday (if needed). I will have the results posted here on a-m-v.org first and I will give the Sakura-Con webteam the results for them to post as soon as they can on SakuraCon.org....

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:28 am

Gene Starwind 21122 wrote:
Plus I live on the east coast how will I find out how my videos did if they made it.

I will be posting the screening list on the Saturday after the contest. Winners will be posted Sunday evening. Awards will be mailed on Tuesday (if needed). I will have the results posted here on a-m-v.org first and I will give the Sakura-Con webteam the results for them to post as soon as they can on SakuraCon.org.

Hey, thanks for your interest, it should be an awesome screening!
I suppose that could be interpreted as meaning that there will be no advance notice of what videos will be screened, I hadn't gone back to look at the first page of this thread in quite a while.

Still, it seems ther has been some change lately to the contest structure, based on what I recently saw on the Sakura Con website. They historically showed pretty much everything that got submitted, provided it met the submission guidelines, but now it says there will be a limit of 10 vids per category screened for the contest. It also says they will be using an applause meter for judging.

This is new information to me, at least, from the last time I paid attention to what was going on.

I guess it can't hurt to beg a little bit in any case. I have to admit I'm curious if my submission will be screened in the contest.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:53 am

I believe all the entries to last year's Sakura-Con were shown, but I don't think that was the original plan. There was a mixup in producing the final tape/DVD, so the digital versions were played.

I know in 2001 that not all entries were shown; e.g. one of mine didn't make it. They were screening vids the day the convention started.

CArnesen posted somewhere that they're going to use a ballot instead of the applause meter (unless I mis-read that...wherever it was posted).

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:28 pm

Yep, there are many reasons why I don't want to release a list of the AMVs that will be screened, but the best reason is that I don't want to be obligated to show an AMV in case there are any technical issues with it.

We will make the best effort to show as many AMVs as possible, as it is looking like many submissions are extremely short (under 3 minutes) and will allow us to possibly expand the number that will be screened.

Also, we will hopefully be getting some special exhibition entries that will play throughout the screening.

Hmm... since we might have the Para-Para girls at the convention, maybe we will have some special performances... :wink:
--Chris ^_^

Mechaman
Org Profile

Post by Mechaman » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:39 pm

Speaking as a survivor of the "Four Hour Hells" of yesteryear Sakura Cons, all I have to say is "Expand time constraints at your own risk".

And yes, I'm mororse that my video spontaneously combusted after about twenty seconds of editing were completed. :?

Return to “AMV Contests”