AnimeNEXT 2008 AMV Contest -- RESULTS

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby Dragon/Roy » Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 am

I still didnt get a confirmation email and i sent it may 14 is should of been there by now........
Dragon/Roy

Postby MeriC » Wed May 28, 2008 10:58 am

Your entry's been received, we just haven't sent out our batch of confirmation e-mails yet, but we'll likely do that this week as more videos come in.
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)
MeriC

Postby SamuraiJake » Thu May 29, 2008 12:08 pm

Just submitted it through overnight mail. Can't wait for this con!
SamuraiJake

Postby Ijexis » Thu May 29, 2008 6:52 pm

XD I sent it in express too even though I live in New York. I went to the post office and asked the lady, "This is going to New Jersey...do you think it'll get there by saturday?" She said, "It should, but there's a chance it might not get there until monday." The second I heard that, I replied with, "How much to get it there tomorrow definitely?"
Ijexis

Postby SamuraiJake » Thu May 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Ain't that the truth. Good luck to you!
SamuraiJake

Postby Nessephanie » Fri May 30, 2008 3:06 am

I'd like to enter, but unless I could FTP my video, I can't :\
Sad.
Nessephanie
Cookie Monster

Postby Weatherman2111 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:56 pm

Got mien in. Lookinh forward to seeing the contest...if I can get up there in time. Depends on the bus.
Weatherman2111

Postby Touya_girl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:43 am

I mailed my entry in on the 17th - but I figure you guys have a lot of videos to look over so the confirmations won't be going on for a other week or so.
<p>My japanese name is <b>藤原 Fujiwara (wisteria fields) 美弥子 Miyako (beautiful march child)</b>.
<a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/">Take your real japanese name generator! today!</a>
<small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/">Name Generator Generator</a>.</small></p>
Touya_girl

Postby MeriC » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Which video was yours? I don't recall seeing your AMV name on any entry forms, so now I'm worried that it may not have arrived.
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)
MeriC

Postby Touya_girl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:27 pm

The credit name is "Touya-girl Productions and it was a YYH video.
<p>My japanese name is <b>藤原 Fujiwara (wisteria fields) 美弥子 Miyako (beautiful march child)</b>.
<a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/">Take your real japanese name generator! today!</a>
<small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/">Name Generator Generator</a>.</small></p>
Touya_girl

Postby VegettoEX » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Hello!

Below is an alphabetical listing of this year's AMV contest finalists, listed by credit name.

Anthony Arias
Bleys Foust and Daria Foust
Bryce and the Fat Man
Cyanna
Dark Side Productions
DoodlePlex Digital Studios
Dragon/Roy
Drewaconclusion
George David Stewart
Heather Gill
Ijexis
Immortal Productions
jasper-isis
Joe Namikaze
Jubjub2
Lee Moo Cow Productions
Meliko
MysteriousRyder
Nessephanie
Nic Neidenbach
Reverend Takahashi FAN
Samurai Jake
Scintilla
SharinganBlue
Stacy Moscariello
Steve Albertson
Storm Warning Studios
Sugar-High-Productions
VespaBee

Extreme thanks to everyone who submitted, and congrats to all who made the final cut. The contest will be played three times during the convention, and the winners will be played during the cosplay intermission. We'll see you at the convention very soon!
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] - [| AnimeNEXT AMV Contest Coordinator |] ::
:: [| Daizenshuu EX (website/podcast) |] - [| AMV Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: I'm Above The Age Of 10 And I Like Pokemon |] ::
VegettoEX

Postby Ijexis » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:53 pm

I am so going to be there, and the fact I made finals makes me overjoyed with tears. Just want to say congrats to everyone :D Looking forward to seeing some awesome AMVs since the first con I went to, NYAF, had a really poor showing(really wish I had entered that one). Granted it was the con's first year but still...
Ijexis

Postby SharinganBlue » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:41 am

Ijexis wrote: Looking forward to seeing some awesome AMVs since the first con I went to, NYAF, had a really poor showing(really wish I had entered that one). Granted it was the con's first year but still...
I was there for NYFA too and saw the contest and yeah I would have to agree but only one or two videos were good. Looking forward to my third con and my second time seeing my video on the big screen.
SharinganBlue

Postby SamuraiJake » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:25 pm

I won't be able to drive up there to see it all in person, but I'm at least glad I made the finals!
SamuraiJake

Postby Nessephanie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:40 pm

cool beans :3
Nessephanie
Cookie Monster

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests