2008 Judge's Choice Awards - Round 2 - Judge Selection

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

2008 Judge's Choice Awards - Round 2 - Judge Selection

Post by Koopiskeva » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:38 pm

This post is part of an ongoing contest designed to complement the current 2008 Viewer's Choice Awards. This contest is independently sponsored and is in no way affiliated with the actual AnimeMusicVideos.org VCAs aside from it coinciding with the VCAs and using its categories and semi-finalists.

Welcome to the second round of the 2008 Judge's Choice Awards. Please visit the link for more information. This will run from 1/28 through 2/3.

In this round, audience participation is necessary.

*Unfortunately, a poll can't be made anonymous, so this round will be done through private messages.

Make your vote by sending me a private message on the forums.

Each person gets one vote only. On the topic of the PM, please put in:

"2008 JCA Judge Vote"

Select 1 person from the list below, who you think will be a good judge for the JCA. Please do not just vote for yourself or your friends, vote for someone you think will actually make a good judge. From those that receive the most votes, the top 5 will make up the panel of judges for the 2008 JCAs.

All votes will remain confidential and the final judges will remain anonymous.

As a nominee, I encourage you to try and promote yourself to be selected. Post-up a kickass speech of your own to promote yourself, or even make a neat banner for yourself. Have fun with it basically. O:

As a voter, feel free to promote the nominee that you think that should win. Do the same as a nominee would in campaigning. However, please stray from simply stating who your vote was - if everyone is blatant about who they voted for, then the anonymity of the final judges can be compromised. I know it's contradicting that I'm telling you to promote a nominee, but not blatantly say who it is you are voting for. I basically just want to avoid people posting and saying "I voted for so and so." I think it'd be cool if people just participated in the campaigning. : ]

As with the previous round - Judge Nomination, please adhere to the following guidelines:

- Has been around to have seen a large amount and a wide variety of videos.
- Not inclined to judge videos due to its sources and or editor that created such videos. (More likely to judge based on editing and overall composition as opposed to individual sources)
- Hates (likes) everyone equally.
- Would commit time and effort into judging all videos equally.
- Good amount of technical knowledge – ie: knowledge of many editing programs/techniques and having/maintaining good visual/aural quality in videos.
- *Likes to party, in bed.

*Strongly recommended, but not necessary

Please PM me your vote for 1 of the following participating nominees:
(All of the nominees were nominated in the first round and were individually contacted by me. They have all agreed to participate. Those that did not agree or did not answer, were taken out of the running)

*inverse*
adferraro
Aeri
Aerialesque
ArashinomeAMV
Arigatomina
Ashyukun
AtomX
Atvaark
Bakadeshi
Beowulf
Brad Demoss
burningleaves
Castor Troy
Chiikaboom
CodeChrono
Coffee 54
crackthesky
DaCoolGohan
D-chan ^_*
douggie
driftroot
dwchang
ErinFinnegan
Fall_child42
gambitt
GfN-
godix
IcyCloud
Ileia
InfinitySquared
Istiv
jade_eyed_angel
Janzki
JCD
Jesmaster
jubjub2
JudgeHolden
Kisanzi
Kitsuner
Kristyrat
Lockstock
Machine
Madbunny
Mamo!
Mchy
MCWagner
MexicanJunior
Nessephanie
Niotex
Otohiko
Phade
Purplepolecat
Pwolf
quadir
Quazza97
RadicalYue
Reda-
Reigna
Requiett
ScoobINSMDBZ
Sierra Lorna
SSJ3 Son Jp
Szwagier
Tash
trythil
Turankusu
Tyler_yj
Unlimited Rice
Vlad G Pohnert
Warheart
Xoninmuoshda-
Yoko+
Zephyrstar

Good luck to all participating nominees and have fun! O:
Last edited by Koopiskeva on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hi.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:03 pm

HAHAHA! JH, that is awesome

Pwolf

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:05 pm

...um....vote for me....or......something....
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

quazza97
Org Profile

Post by quazza97 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:07 pm

Nothing really to say unfortunatly. I keep myself relatively unknown so I doubt it really matters too much.

The people who do know me know I have the answer to every tech problem imaginable along with the (unreleased on the .org) editing skill to back it up.

that's all i have to say about that.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:08 pm

quadir
I Know Drama
Org Profile

Post by quadir » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:40 pm

45 weeks and reasons to not vote for quadir (minus 3-4):

2008 January
045-22
044-14
043-07
2007 December
042-31
041-24
040-17
039-10
038-03
November
037-26
036-19
035-12
034-05
October
033-29
032-22
031-15
030-08
029-01
September
028-24
027-17
026-10
025-03
August
024-27
023-20
022-13
021-06
July
020-30
019-23
018-16
017-09
016-02
June
015-25
014-18
013-11
012-04
May
011-28
010-21
009-14
008-07
April
007-30
006-23
005-16
004-09
003-02
March
002-26
001-19
23:19 (snip) I actually agree with everything quadir says.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Here is a summary why everyone should vote for me:
FUCK YOU

I am also completing my thesis in what amounts to discourse studies and media analysis, and I am probably better-qualified professionally to evaluate compositions and compose critiques than, well, pretty much everyone here without a masters degree in what amounts to discourse studies and media analysis. Which I assume is noone on this forum, thus refer to my above point.

Also, I am a mild critic that will bring a voice of moderation and will accept sexual favours.

Vote Oto, the candidate with the most professional qualifications and a fake Kalashnikov! :roll:

(PS - above campaign message is obviously for those who know me already. For those who don't, disregard. I tend to be far, far more modest and reasonable than this suggests. See my ops and AMV review logs for proof!)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

gambitt
Org Profile

Post by gambitt » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:59 pm

This is such a great opportunity to those nominated to be a judge. You'll be nominating for someone with faith that they will represent your own ideals in their opinions and judgement. I ask for a small amount of your time to consider what I would be able to offer as a judge.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... er_id=2104

My body of work is available at this address as a testament to my achievements. Additional points I'd like to list that are not in my profile are:
  • I've been a judge at a number of cons, mainly AnimeUSA.
    I may have an extensive knowledge of editing software and techniques, but my Top 10 AMVs reflect how I will judge based on subject rather than substance.
    I've been critiquing AMVs for just my friends lately, but when this site was in its infancy I was one of the first to give opinions for every video I saw and was the first to fill in all 100 slots in my Top AMV list.
Inevitably, your vote is what counts and you guys are so passionate about these projects that it'll be wonderful to see you vote. Make your voice heard, and make sure your choices are educated. I wish everybody good luck, this is gonna be fun.

Rock on.
Sata andagi!

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:01 am

The reason to vote for Ileia and I:

Yuri ftw.

Return to “AMV Contests”