The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v3.0 - SEMIFINALS!! :O!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Brad
Org Profile

The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v3.0 - SEMIFINALS!! :O!

Post by Brad » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:19 am

(Click here for the humongeous 64-person bracket)

The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v3.0
Hosted by AtomX

Judges: Castor Troy, DokiDoki, Nessephanie, PeroPero, Trythil

SEMIFINALS!!! (aka: ROUND FIVE)

Okay kiddos. The time is finally upon us. 64 people started this tournament, and it is now down to 4. It has been quite an impressive competition thus far and I want to again thank everybody who has participated.

So as with pretty much each round, the rules are getting a bit different. However if you were around and paid attention to the last tournament, this round's ruleset will seem somewhat familiar.

In this round, each competitor per match is going to be using the SAME SOURCE (meaning, Danielle and Josh will use the one source, and Alan and Andre will use one source, not all 4 people using the same one).

For Match 61 (Aerialesque vs. SenshiMamoru), the source will be CLANNAD TV VOL. 1

For Match 62 (Zarxrax vs. Kristyrat), the source will be TALES FROM EARTHSEA (Gedo Senki)

Now that you know what source you will be using, it is your job to watch the source, and then come up with THREE songs. Before your match, you will send me the 3 songs and I will upload them to my server. 20 minutes before the match begins, we put your songs into a list of SIX songs (3 from each person) numbered from 1-6, and then we roll the dice to see who gets what song.

So basically, instead of the previous rounds where it was same song different source, it's switched around. Fun huh? :O

Now, the songs you choose are entirely up to you. They may be songs that you think would work well with your editing style with the source, or you may decide to screw over your opponent by including a song that is truly horrible, although you run the risk of ending up with that song yourself :o So choose wisely! I personally find it's simply better to just go with songs you like and would not mind editing with, because then you're more likely to get a song you like and your opponent may struggle with it anyway. Like I said, it's up to you on how you want to do it, but I advise you to not go out of your way to try and screw anybody over. This is supposed to be a fun competition! :D

Anyways, you know your roles. Have fun! I am very much looking forward to this match.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:37 am

CLANNAD! Fok yes, nice pick Brad! Can't wait to see the results of that match =D

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:54 am

Oh shit! Battle of the best Clannad video?!!! :shock:
ImageImage

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:00 am

Ooh, now I'm curious what the special ruleset for the final fight will be. :3
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:15 am

edit to a one day live recording of AtomX in his everyday life

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:06 am

OropherZero wrote:edit to a one day live recording of AtomX in his everyday life
"BY-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O"
Last edited by Ileia on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:14 am

OropherZero wrote:edit to a one day live recording of AtomX in his everyday life
Not .org-safe.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:46 am

Ep-Ep-Ep-Epic. 8-)

Bring it on Zarxy :O

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:16 pm

I demand that the VNS members take drug-screening tests.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:19 pm

inthesto wrote:I demand that the VNS members take drug-screening tests.
You just want my pee in a cup. No deal :x

Return to “AMV Contests”