Best AMV Awards

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
SharinganBlue
Org Profile

Post by SharinganBlue » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

IMO, YouTube is a great place to first introduce yourself with your AMV's and also tell people where you can download them, but if you're AMV is TOO popular, YT will take them down because of two reasons: Companies don't want you to do what you do with their material and YT has a rule about copyright infringement. It sucks but there's really no place left to stream your AMV's to a wider audience. This website is the ONLY place to allow people to showcase their AMV's. The point is that its really not fair to consider AMV's on stream sites like YT to be the best and I've seen some AMV's made there and its really not all that great. Some other AMV's were uploaded there from this website making the user on YT think its theirs.

If you want to judge the best AMV's, it should be from this website not streaming where frauds lie and somewhat bad AMV's are made.

neorose
Org Profile

Post by neorose » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:46 pm

I hate u-tube cause of all the pirated AMV's there, hell I never am on that site and I just spent 10 min there and found like 5 vids that were pirated. Hell they take AMV's off of other editors mix them with other editors stuff and call it theres. Oh and also the quality sucks

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:15 pm

srsly that stuff happens here sometimes too..

ShivaBlizzard8
Org Profile

Post by ShivaBlizzard8 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Zactar wrote:I doubt that the worst-case scenario you described would happen because, simply put, AMVs don't actually hurt anyone. OK, so you're taking someone else's video and someone else's music to create something new and different, but that is what about half the videos on YTube do anyway.
I agree with you on principle, but just to make a point:
As a teen, I never thought Napster would get shut down, or that a-m-v.org would be threatened either, but both occured. And AMVs do hurt someone - they deprive rich people from the opportunity to become richer, and they tap into the current hysteria both the music and film industry is experiencing when it comes people messing with their concept of what constitutes "fair use" on the internet. Yes, common sense says it hurts no one, but tell that to the scary lawyers that when they call you on the phone and send you threatening letters to appear in court. If they knew what happened at cons, believe me, they'd flip.

YTube is scared - it's been threatened to be shut down as well - so it's trying (although, of course, its hard for it to keep up) to police it. The point is, the more under the radar the hobby flies, the better off for everyone.

But anyway, I was just making a point. I'm not directly trying to discourage you from having your contest - I guess I'm just trying to explain why it makes ORG members wary.

Zactar
Org Profile

Post by Zactar » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:15 pm

ShivaBlizzard8, thank you for explaining that in a non-aggressive manner, I appreciate that. And thank you JaddziaDax for pointing out the fact that a-m-v.org is not infallible. Despite what any of you say, the AMVs in the contest were determined before this topic was even posted in this forum, and all we have left to do is make our commentary and minor edits to the AMV credits.

Also, #9 and #8 are now posted, so check them out (if you want), and we hope to continue to glean constructive feedback from this forum. Thank you.
http://www.dailymotion.com/BestAMV_Awards

Zactar, Official Best AMV Awards Judge

Zactar
Org Profile

Bump

Post by Zactar » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:46 am

Just bumping the topic, nothing new in a while... #7 will hopefully be up soon.
http://www.dailymotion.com/BestAMV_Awards

Zactar, Official Best AMV Awards Judge

Ojamajo_LimePie
Org Profile

Post by Ojamajo_LimePie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:22 pm

*hopes to see a certain Gurren Lagann MAD at the #1 spot* :wink:
Image Image

Return to “AMV Contests”