AX2007 aftermath - The curse of Long Beach returns

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
animedork2075
Org Profile

Post by animedork2075 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:56 am

Perhapse I have been blinded by bad experiance with both Ruby, and Chase. They both came off to me as total power hungry people, and I owe our departments demise to them. Perhapse it was more Ruby, than Chase. However, Chase was absolutely involved, and he really wasn't a plesent person to work for. If Ruby is part of his "team" of people, and is againsed the AMVs the I am going with his support for her being part of that issue as well. I didn't come here to attack either of them. My issues with them are personal, and not really needed for a public forum.

I do however think if you communicate with them, or whoever you suggest, it wouldn't hurt to promote your love for what you do. With James and Katy on the team for next year as long as they don't get fired, I don't think there is much to worry about though. I owe a lot of the fact I am a fan of anime, and have met tons of people through my time on staff, to AMVs. It would kill me to see the department, or contest get harmed, or removed from main events. I absolutely support you creators with a passion.
Insert witty signature video link here!

TommyRude
Org Profile

Post by TommyRude » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:24 am

xstylus wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote: But at this point, I think it would be almost impossible to try and even ask if the panel this year is any indication
What panel? :?

There hasn't been an AX amv panel in 2 years, other than the workshop.
Uhm, the workshop was the panel, but if that's not enough then I'll gladly return to the helm and resurrect the panel for next year.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a panel besides the workshop last year? Maybe that was 2005...I find years tend to run together in my old age.
"I see no reason to have patience wit morons..."
"Have I mentioned how much I loathe fangirls?"
Master of the 30 second bumper.
a-m-v.org's resident asshole and thinly veiled Eminem ripoff.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:07 pm

TommyRude wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a panel besides the workshop last year? Maybe that was 2005...I find years tend to run together in my old age.
Hmm. True. Then I handed it over to Brad, but I think he consolidated it into just one panel/workshop. However, if there's a demand to bring back the panel, no problem.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:09 pm

xstylus wrote:
TommyRude wrote:
Hmm. True. Then I handed it over to Brad, but I think he consolidated it into just one panel/workshop. However, if there's a demand to bring back the panel, no problem.
Can actual videos be shown?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

TommyRude
Org Profile

Post by TommyRude » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:23 pm

It varies from year to year >_<
One of the schemes I always wanted to see to true was a 1-2 hour viewing room block where we just show AMVs and take requests an' whatnot. AMV TRL as it were. Almost pitched it this year, but didn't for obvious reasons.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:26 am

Castor Troy wrote: Can actual videos be shown?
That's the $64,000 question, isn't it? We'll see.

TommyRude
Org Profile

Post by TommyRude » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:37 pm

Anyone ever consider starting a petition? Y'know, not making any demands or nuthing just "If you're an AX attendee and would like to see more AMV crap sign here..." then send it to the hbic's to let them see just how much support the AMV programming has.

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:09 pm

unfortunately I doubt that would do much
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2018, Chairman 2019-2024, Retired

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:47 am

xstylus wrote:Hmm. True. Then I handed it over to Brad, but I think he consolidated it into just one panel/workshop. However, if there's a demand to bring back the panel, no problem.
From my recollection, there used to be an AMV panel and at least one workshop every year. This year, there was no workshop, just a panel that was billed as a workshop, so yes, we had a panel this year.

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:54 am

Last year I requested both a panel and a workshop but at the last minute they cut the panel for scheduling reasons.

This year I applied for the Workshop but we ended up with more of a panel due to their ban on showing any Audio or Video.

Return to “AMV Contests”