AX 2007 amv finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:18 pm

Thats been one of the things about AX's AMV contest. Its not just this year either, videos that have done real well in other contests sometimes don't make the cut. And these were real good videos too, I saw someone's entry that didn't make it this year and I was certainly impressed.

I feel lucky my video made it. I don't think comedy is my strong suit and I always seem to end up competing with the likes to Tim Park and other masters of the genre. :)

Remember to attend the videoless AMV Panel at 3:30 in LP4 on Friday. It'll be hosted by Brad DeMoss, Tommy Rude and myself, we're counting on your questions!

Erinn
Org Profile

Post by Erinn » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:53 pm

I still can't believe my video made it in. I thought that video sucked big time and I didnt even want to upload it here on a-m-v.org...lol looks like I have to now, huh?

My other entries didnt make it. Syaoran's Memories, Say His Name and Believer were my other three entries...

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:08 pm

I declare shinnagins. :x

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: AX 2007 amv finalists

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:36 pm

Castor Troy wrote: - Caleb Taylor - Fullmetal Lane
I'm soooooo happy I made it this year! I tried to get into the contest last year and failed, and was 1-4th crushed (for a day or two >_>). But this time I actually made it! It's a rush just knowing that. I hope you enjoy my AMV as much as the few I have seen that have been entered! GREAT stuff this year!

Not to say it isn't good every other year ;p

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:31 am

dwchang wrote:Edit: I was reading the AX boards and did I read this right? Valion/Kisanzi, you're going to AX? You should meet up with Suberunker, myself and Castor some time during the con! There's nothing else to do at AX >_>
Indeed. I was under the impression that Subey was gonna duck outta AX this year. >.> But yeah, that would be awesome to hang out sometime this weekend. God knows there's only how many hours of downtime on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Just PM us with some plans if you guys have something already in the works.

suberunker
Org Profile

Post by suberunker » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Pwolf wrote:nice to see Jesmaster making the contest lists again :p

Pwolf
Where's your name and subeys?!
OMG! Yeah, where am I?!?

:cry:

:wink:
lolo.
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
OOOOHHH SHIT!

suberunker
Org Profile

Post by suberunker » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:51 pm

kisanzi wrote:
dwchang wrote:Edit: I was reading the AX boards and did I read this right? Valion/Kisanzi, you're going to AX? You should meet up with Suberunker, myself and Castor some time during the con! There's nothing else to do at AX >_>
Indeed. I was under the impression that Subey was gonna duck outta AX this year. >.> But yeah, that would be awesome to hang out sometime this weekend. God knows there's only how many hours of downtime on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Just PM us with some plans if you guys have something already in the works.
I'll be at CastorCon '07 though. We'll meet up for something. :P
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
OOOOHHH SHIT!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:02 pm

kisanzi wrote:
I'll give you directions to the hotel that subey is staying at so we can hang out on saturday night. I hope I remember to bring them.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kikind
Org Profile

Post by Kikind » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:53 am

[quote="Castor Troy"]http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php?showtopic=6092

Action/Adventure Category

- Chris Hall - Lolitech
- Erin Nguyen - Once Abandoned
- Matt Aclaro - Even More Fatal Blood
- Mike Bolei - Nascent Malediction
- Richard Marshall - Omen : Sin
- Russell Hedman - All to Blame
- Victoria Galietta - The Guardian Gene

Drama Category

- Bryce & Benjamin Chu - The Shadow Of Cells
+- Bryce & Benjamin Chu - The Path of Regret
- Dhinna Munshi - Animus
- Matt Bottorf - Expendable Innocence
+- Michael Cox - Clincher
- Miguel Mendoza - A Beautiful Lie
- Miguel Mendoza - Imagine

Comedy Category

- Caleb Taylor - Fullmetal Lane
- John Erickson - Does L Creep You Out
- Kerry Potts - Be My Girl
- Nic Neidenbach - Code Monkey
- Qui Nguyen & Philip Long - Seiji's Little Secret
+- Tim Park - Another Crappy Video
- Tommy Dang - Cleaver Girl

AmTV Category

- Daniel Chang - Reflection
+- David and Melissa Levengood - Amitie'
- Dianna Ramon - 5 Seasons of Evolution
- Gregory Jones Jr. - State of Humanity
- Jay Naling (Koopiskeva) - Skittles
- Jesmaster - Old School Anime Baseball
- Roy Duran - Knights of Fate

Now heres the tricky part. Can any one name the animes that go to these amvs as well as songs. Im missing 4 (+). Damn my poor memory.

Erinn
Org Profile

Post by Erinn » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Kikind wrote:
Now heres the tricky part. Can any one name the animes that go to these amvs as well as songs. Im missing 4 (+). Damn my poor memory.

Once Abandoned - Suffocate by Finger Eleven (Tales of Phantasia: The Animation) :)

Guardian Gene (Scrapped Princess) and Even More Fatal Blood (Fate/Stay Night) - Stand my Ground by Within Temptation

FullMetal Lane - Penny Lane by the Beatles (FullMetal Alchemist)

5 Seasons of Evolution - One Vision by Miyazaki Ayumi (Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02, Digimon Tamers, Digimon Frontier, Digimon Savers)

Return to “AMV Contests”