Official ACEN 2007 AMV Contest Results & Discussion

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
superboi
Org Profile

Post by superboi » Tue May 15, 2007 10:57 pm

LOL!!! Every1 has had more sex than me... that was priceless. Had to DL it just cuz Godix had to go and steal my post about Jacon, and I gotta say this was funny. Sex is always funny. Not to mention all the hentai... too bad I'm not allowed to get away with stuff like that.
I put it in her butt,
and got 20 bux!!!!!

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue May 15, 2007 11:12 pm

Heh that video pushed the limits on what we could allow at acen. It ALMOST didn't make it.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue May 15, 2007 11:13 pm

The Nadesico scene was the best part in that video. :lol:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Wed May 16, 2007 12:37 am

ngsilver wrote:Congrats to all the winners and Sailor Death... even though it was cheap to loose to the contest coordinator :P
Well and there are exactly how many editors on staff who are NOT working with the AMV's already? :p

And congrats to all the winners. I missed most of it because of some interesting situations that kept popping up all weekend in the various panel rooms. Once finals are done I am going to have to start grabbing the ones that are online and watching. (3 finals down 2 more to go!)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed May 16, 2007 12:43 am

Illia Sadri wrote:Well and there are exactly how many editors on staff who are NOT working with the AMV's already? :p
I may have read the list at con wrong but I believe... 1? ^^()
ImageImageImageImage

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed May 16, 2007 2:06 pm

OropherZero wrote:yes im dying to see it because just using that awesome anime is instant win =O

ps. good to see what some of you american editors look like =P
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=79857

Tis up.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri May 18, 2007 8:06 pm

SailorDeath wrote:Heh that video pushed the limits on what we could allow at acen. It ALMOST didn't make it.
Good thing I photoshoped out the visible nipples then huh.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Mon May 21, 2007 9:49 am

Congrats to the winners and participants- there were a whole lot of excellent videos in the contest (and several really fun ones for me to use in the future for IE games 8-) ).

That said, moving on to the 'Discussion' part of the thread- I talked to Julius and Dan about this at the con, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks. My only real 'gripe' if you will with the contest was the overall length- to me, nearly 3 hours is just too many AMVs at a time. I think you could likely have cut it down to around 2 hours and not have lost too many really outstanding videos.

What does everyone else think?

And yes DW- your video did belong in Romance. :wink:
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Mon May 21, 2007 10:13 am

Ashyukun wrote:DW- your video did belong in Romance. :wink:
He was nearly there! Some doujin images would probably have helped. If we incorporate audience voting next year I want to see at least 3 NarutoxSasuke romance videos submitted.

Back to topic...What is everyone's opinion on 2 hour contest and a portion of voting done by audience ballot?

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Mon May 21, 2007 10:48 am

Fall_Child42 wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:Heh that video pushed the limits on what we could allow at acen. It ALMOST didn't make it.
Good thing I photoshoped out the visible nipples then huh.
I think he's referring to the presence of an aussie voice. The aussie vocal pattern exuded so much burly that it almost didn't make it. True story.

Return to “AMV Contests”