Official ACEN 2007 AMV Contest Results & Discussion

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue May 22, 2007 2:47 am

As long as I'm not cut then a two hour contest is fine. If I will end up cut then don't you dare change the length.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue May 22, 2007 3:02 am

godix wrote:As long as I'm not cut then a two hour contest is fine. If I will end up cut then don't you dare change the length.
Given the length of your video, I don't think you need fear a cut. 8-)
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue May 22, 2007 1:35 pm

And look at it this way: if the contest itself is shorter, then there can always be another short block at some other point (an hour long, say) with the "almost made it" videos. If you ask me, getting your video shown at a convention is more important than whether or not it competes (but that could just be me). That would keep everyone happy, I think.

Personally, I didn't mind the three hour contest, but I did mind sitting there on edge, not sure if my video was going to be played at all. This brings me to my next point.

Please, please, please, please release a list of what videos will be shown at the convention. I'm not Koop. I didn't make Skittles. I don't know if my video will be shown, and I'll be very frustrated if I sit there for two (or three) hours and it turns out my video wasn't even in the contest. I understand that you guys think there will be drama from people if you release a list before the convention. I understand that there is higher attendance when people are forced to sit through the contest to see if they were picked. Still, I don't know if the video I make next year will be good enough for a contest that could only be two hours. I don't know. So please don't make me sit on edge waiting for something that may not happen.

Anyway, that's my two cents on that matter. If you stay adamant on your decision, that's fine. At least I said my piece.

- Jen

PS: I know I use you as an example a lot, Koop, but it's only because you're such a damn good editor and I respect what you do. I don't mean to offend you when I bring you up.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue May 22, 2007 1:45 pm

Unless there's an audience vote (and especially if you're holding the showings in a room that is used exclusively for AMVs all weekend anyways) it really doesn't matter how long the contest is. Without the audience voting, they're just sitting there viewing for however long they want to anyways.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Tue May 22, 2007 2:06 pm

Maybe, cutting it down to one entry per person? That might help with the length of the contest, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I concer with DJ in that if it is more selective next year, it would be best to give a list of finalists before hand.

JH

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Tue May 22, 2007 2:13 pm

And how about including the AMV programming in the fold-out programming next year too :o

Return to “AMV Contests”