Official ACEN 2007 AMV Contest Results & Discussion

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
outlawed
Org Profile

Official ACEN 2007 AMV Contest Results & Discussion

Post by outlawed » Sun May 13, 2007 11:18 pm

List of all entries in the final contest build. Winners noted.
http://mysite.verizon.net/outlawedprod/ ... ublic.html

Acen Forum Thread
http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17766

=================WINNERS==============================
Uber Contest Intro {SHAMELESS SELF-GRATS}
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=144169

Best of Show

Best Action

Best Comedy

Best Dance/Upbeat

Best Drama

Best Romance

Best Staff

=====================================================

The quality of entries this year was outstanding. Thank you to all who submitted. I was proud to hear several of you ranking this con so important when it comes to AMVs. That really makes our staff proud of the effort we have put in these last 3 years.

I want to take this opportunity to extend a big thanks to Omar and Robert for running Iron Editor at Acen once again. Also a huge thanks to our panelists this year both for Iron Editor and the individual panels. This was an area we specifically wanted to improve programming in and you guys made that a reality.

As far as the small room size I think we didn't get swamped as bad as we could have due to the lack of a map in the con booklets (it was on the back of that added sheet with the overall room schedules). I did notice a large amount of popularity with certain hentai panels & videos in the late-night segment in other rooms so we will return to that type of programming on Sunday somewhere from 1am-2am next year.

We NEED lots of feedback. We want to grow each year and we believe the demand is there so make your voices heard. Please place your comments about the contest and AMV room programming in the Acen forum thread. If you have complaints/suggestions about our venue or overall related to the con please use the con gripe board http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showforum=8 If you are so inclined feel free to direct a well written e-mail to conchair@acen.org

Future plans/ideas:

1) I would still like a bigger room. Rosemont C+D would work very well and I feel if we could get that we could just stay in there and not bother with main programming. We liked the width of the current room (Rosemont C) for the double screens and how far up screens can be set (no one had a bad seat this year). This would basically extend the room we had back farther and would increase seating capacity 2.5-3x because the removal of that divider frees up a lot.

2) See if we can get more signs to advertise where traffic should move from the general lobby area towards our room. This may be limited by the hotel and space concerns .

3) Two hour contest; remainder of entries to an Expo block.

4) More special award categories.

5) Addition of Non-AMV Parody contest.

6) Anyone who stood in line for a showing and had to be turned away will receive a ticket which will allow them to jump the line at the next showing of their choice.

7) MPEG-2 submission only. We will move to VGA output and ditch the Netstreams. This means progressive encodes will be recommended. Interlaced MPEG-2 would be software de-interlaced by the playback software we will use.
Last edited by outlawed on Wed May 16, 2007 6:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun May 13, 2007 11:23 pm

Congrats, Gene!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Sun May 13, 2007 11:49 pm

Unfortuanetly I didn't win. I had to take a second look and it was Illeia's AMV. I was thinking there's no way "Hunters..." would win.

I've seen some of the videos that were in the action category. Very tough this year.

Congrats to the winners.
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sun May 13, 2007 11:50 pm

Entering it into the con database would be nice, so that we can tag our videos.

Thanks,
JH

Oh, and I was dead on with my predictions, except Drama ... But, didn't know Nessi had sent something, then I would have been batting 1000. XD

An Audiance vote next year might be cool.

And congrats to the Winners!

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon May 14, 2007 12:03 am

Congrats to aerialesque, who beat out my Romance video (probably by a long shot :lol: ). She definitely deserved that one, cuz she's been working hard and getting exponentially better with each video.

Although, I want to give special props to Time Waits For No One for having an absolutely amazing concept (which was pulled off wonderfully), and Expendable Innocence for being so damn addictive. Great job, guys. :up:

- Jen

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon May 14, 2007 1:17 am

Time Waits For No One fucking rocked my face off. Shoulda won SOMEthing :(

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon May 14, 2007 1:21 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Although, I want to give special props to Time Waits For No One for having an absolutely amazing concept (which was pulled off wonderfully)
CrackTheSky wrote:Time Waits For No One fucking rocked my face off. Shoulda won SOMEthing :(
:O

Thanks. It'll be put online tomorrow (or tonight. Who knows).

And Douggie :O Put your video up :\ It's awesome.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Mon May 14, 2007 1:22 am

lmao! I didn't know I put WTF at the end of my name lol! I love it -_- congrats to all btw ;P

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon May 14, 2007 1:23 am

Don't mind me I'm just posting again in this thread cause I like to do things.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon May 14, 2007 1:49 am

Daniel's video was drama?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Contests”