Animazement 2007 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Animazement 2007 AMV Contest

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:20 am

Hey guys, it's time for another Animazement. But this time, it's the tenth anniversary, so I'm expecting some really good stuff. You haven't let me down in the past and you've set the bar pretty high, but I'm confident you'll top yourselves once again.

Information on the contest can be found <A HREF="http://www.animazement.org/index.php?pa ... s">here</A>, but to answer the most obvious question, the final digital submission deadline is May 15th. I recommend getting your video in sooner, however, as I've been giving early submitters pointers so that they can use the remaining time to improve their videos if they feel so inclined.

Depending on the number of entries I receive (which usually double what I have the allotted time for) I can't garantee or even feasibly give the impression that every entry will get a spot in the main playlist, so here are a few things you can do to increase your chances.

- Follow the submission guidelines. Trust me, I throw out a number of entries every year for simply not following the rules.
- Look professional. It takes less than a minute to get rid of the divx logo and things like premature cuts (that lead to transition flickers) that likewise don't take a lot of effort to fix are frowned upon. The bottom line is, if I can tell you didn't even error check your video before submitting it you're less likely to get find a slot in the Friday night playlist.
- Submit something that stands out. I don't care about Advent Children because I've seen no less than 8 Advent Children videos that all use the same footage in the last year. Yes, we know Cloud rips Bahamut a new one. Let's move on. In general, if it looks like something else I get then both entries are less likely to make the final cut.

You get the idea. Anywho, thanks for showing interest in the contest and based on what I've already received I'm sure we're going to have a great year!
Animazement AMV Contest Coordinator
http://www.animazement.org
Amv@animazement.org

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:22 am

No categories again, and no rule that forbids credits/bumpers/logos at the beginning or end of the video?
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:07 am

Well, no categories for awards, but I like to know what category you consider your video so I can pace the contest appropriately. Nothing like three slow depressing videos to make the audience start reaching for the Aeris skewers...

And nope, no rules on bumpers. I'm going to add them uniformly like I did last year, but if you want your own feel free to include it. Just keep yours short given you'll have a good 4-6 seconds of my bumper prior to it and we don't want to go through a bumper-thon.
Amv@animazement.org

Xarathion
Org Profile

Post by Xarathion » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:05 pm

Gah...I should have started my AMV earlier. I'm bogged down with so many projects and papers due this month. -_-

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 am

Reminds me of back when I entered the contest (rather than ran it) and usually ended up making my entries over a few days prior to the deadline.

Bleh.
Amv@animazement.org

Return to “AMV Contests”