If we have to do any editing (converting, etc) to your entry we can’t ensure the quality. In order to ensure your quality please follow the formatting rules. Use a plain label disk for submitting your disk. Label the disk with submission title and group name. We will assign a submission number to each disk so leave room for us to write on your disk. If we don’t have room to put your submission number on your disk we will disqualify you. We suggest you leave either the top half or the bottom half open for us.
1) A 10 second bumper is required for all submissions
2) All submissions should be no less than 2 minutes and 30 seconds and no more than 6 minutes in length.
3) Digital Video Format Requirements:
a) Digital video file formatting requirements:
b) 720x480 Frame Size
c) 23.97 or 24 Frames per Second (Progressive)
d) 29.97 Frames per Second (Interlaced)
e) 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz 16 bit stereo uncompressed PCM audio
f) MPEG-2 bitrate must not exceed 15 Mbps
4) The preferred submission format for the contest is: uncompressed AVI @ 29.97 (or 23.976 w/pulldown) frames per second, with a resolution of 720x480 @ 0.9 pixel aspect ratio including 41,000 Hz 16-bit stereo uncompressed WAV audio.
5) All entries must be in digital format. We will accept either a DVD or Data CD from contestants.
6) Large submissions are acceptable but please try to keep the submissions to one disk each
7) Make sure your video will play on several players before submitting it to us. We will make every effort to play your submission however if we can’t play your video it is disqualified.
8) Use a plain label disk for submitting your disk. Label the disk with submission title and group name. We will assign a submission number to each disk so leave room for us to write on your disk. We suggest you leave either the top half or the bottom half open for us.Entries must adhere to these standards. If your video is selected to be shown, we cannot guarantee the quality of your video, or even guarantee that it will be able to be shown if it does not conform exactly to this format. If for whatever reason you are unable to provide us with the above format, the following are also acceptable provided that they maintain the requested 720x480 resolution and 29.97 (or 23.976 w/pulldown) frame rate; however keep in mind that they are *NOT* preferred.
MPEG1 & MPEG2 (.mpeg.mpg.m2v,etc.)
Dolby AC3 (.ac3)
MPEG Audio (.mp3.mp2,etc.)
We will reject any submission that comes in as a WMV, RM (Real Player), OGG, MOV (Quicktime) or using any video codec not listed above. We will also reject DVD format. We will be putting your submission into a play list and we will not take the time to convert your files to .avi or .mpg. If we have to do any editing to your entry we can’t ensure the quality.
In order to ensure your quality please follow the formatting rules.
I'm sorry the MPEG formats are acceptable. Apparently I was smoking crack the other day when I posted.