Dragon*Con 2007 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Dragon*Con 2007 AMV Contest

Post by Nimthiriel » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:20 pm

As you all know the First Annual Dragon*Con AMV Contest went exceptionally well. We had a great grouping so we are going to give it another try.

For complete list of rules and information please visit www.dragonconamv.com. Entries are due by June 30, 2007.

We are also having a side contest like the one we did last year. If you want to participate please create an AMV to "Lay your hands on me" - the Icehouse vs Speed of Light mix. The music download can be found on the Dragon*Con AMV website.

I look forward to seeing all of your entires and thank you all for your support.

Nim

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:34 am

starting off this contest a bit early?

I'll either judge or enter this year.

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:43 am

This is the time of year I posted it last year. I think.

That's cool. I'll probably bug you later on for volunteering.

kholaras
Org Profile

Post by kholaras » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:30 pm

There are no references on the website to the mentioned side contest or the audio file - or they're sufficiently obtuse to have not been found by me.

And the Format Requirements rules section is still a jumble of self contradictions. Uncompressed audio immediately followed by 'compressed audio is okay...'

I believe what you truly meant is:

Digital only
Video frame size/aspect ratio/frame rate
Audio sampling rate and bit density

then collect the various other stuff under format specific headings. Experienced editors can probably read between the lines though and see what you're getting at.

I wish you (and the editors) luck with the contest!

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:45 pm

I'm looking into this. Thank you for you input.

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Wed May 02, 2007 7:40 am

Well guys, we are into the last two months before your entries are due. We've had a really good response and I look forward to seeing all the entries.

Thanks for making this second year a good run!

Nim

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:37 pm

New Deadline: July 31st, 2007

After thinking about it and hearing feedback from some of you we have decided to extend the deadline to July 31st.

Thank you all for your participation.

d35+r0x
Org Profile

Post by d35+r0x » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:49 pm

so this is a contest that you have to mail your video to

i need some raw episodes, cus all i have is fansubed anime SHIT

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:29 am

I have been having people upload their videos to yousendit or they can send me a link where I can download their videos from as long as I don't have to open anymore accounts. We are not going to set up accounts to every single download site out there. I'm sorry guys but I can't do that. I will try to get a better system in place for next year so people can submit electronically.

Regarding format. Please remember that we prefer avi format. I have received some wmv and mpg videos which I will convert if I have to but I can't guarentee the quality once I'm done.

This year we are working on having trophies made for the prizes. I know it is kind of lame but that is what the director wants to do and since I am but the lowly Asst Dir ......well actually, I didn't want to argue anymore. I could use some feed back as to what you guys are interested in for prizes. That will help us to help you. We enjoy doing the contest and we want to encourage participation so let me know where you guys would like to see this go. I know that there has been a lot of concern as to DragonCon not caring about the needs to anime fans which is why I am here. If it within my power I will make it happen.

Thanks for all your input and support.

Nim

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:31 am

You said you want avi files, im assuming that you dont want them uncompressed, nor huffy or lagarith if your going to be showing them. Upon this assumption i also assume that you want the highest quality Xvid File, am i correct?

Return to “AMV Contests”