AnimeUSA 2006 Finalists

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby jubjub2 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:12 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
AtomX wrote:Hey guys what's going on in this thread?

The amv community is full of love as usual!

Hugs and cookies all around!

And congrats to the finalists! Looks like an amazing contest, Vic. (fix'd :oops: )
Last edited by jubjub2 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jubjub2

Postby JMI » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:39 pm

I dunno what is goign on in this thread with all the fighting, but all I know is there better be some Protoman in this contest this year or so help me god...
JMI

Postby jbone » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:57 pm

Brakus wrote:Maybe it's because nobody ever thinks about my point of view.

Maybe it's because YOU CAN'T STOP TELLING US YOUR FUCKING POINT OF VIEW EVERY GODDAMNED SECOND OF EVERY GODDAMNED DAY AND WE ARE FUCKING SICK OF FUCKING HEARING ABOUT IT.

Ever think of that?

P.S. Please don't go to Anime USA, it'll save us the trouble of avoiding you. And whether or not you're there, we'll be talking about you behind your back and making fun of you. Honest. I guarantee we'll have a lower opinion of you than we do of genestarwind - at least HE's mellowed out over time.

Alt_z3 wrote:hmm I read everything and i Have to say that Brakus posting his emotions wanted only to read replies something like " common you aren't that bad, try harder and you will get to the finals"

1. You mean "come on," not "common."

2. An Internet forum is not the place to seek real-life affirmation/

3. You obviously haven't noticed how brakus posts the EXACT SAME "emotional discussion" following every single contest thread relating to contests he's entered.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."
jbone

Postby Shinodude » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:15 pm

Brakus stfu!!!!!! you didnt get in cause your video sucked! get over it make a new video thats better and send it in next year
Shinodude
emodude

Postby Scintilla » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:28 pm

jbone wrote:
Alt_z3 wrote:hmm I read everything and i Have to say that Brakus posting his emotions wanted only to read replies something like " common you aren't that bad, try harder and you will get to the finals"

3. You obviously haven't noticed how brakus posts the EXACT SAME "emotional discussion" following every single contest thread relating to contests he's entered.

Not quite. Do you see any mention of After Effects this time?

Brakus, I already gave you my advice on this, so I'm not going to do it again here.

Congratulations to all the finalists! And if Vic would be so kind as to give me directions, maybe I can help out next year. :P
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Castor Troy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:46 am

And that's that. :shock:
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Cosmos Studio » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:31 pm

Wow... I made the final cut... First time one of my AMV's have been even slightly recognized. I feel special, thanks AnimeUSA! Can't wait for Friday, I'll be there. :D
Cosmos Studio

Postby dragonsong12 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:57 pm

Actually, somewhat off-topic, I have a question.

When I initially checked this forum, I hadn't made the final cut. Dissapointing? Yeah. But I went to the AMV contest anyhoo (dude! Premonition Studios? Dark moon? among other great names! Why would I miss it?) There was my name on the list.

I'm not complaining, mind. It was a WONDERFUL surprise (and also a very surprising surprise, I think I almost fell out of my seat), I'm just curious. Were there some last minute changes of some sort?
dragonsong12

Postby Alt_z3 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:09 pm

your video was mentioned by Vic on the first page all the time:) hehe lol
Alt_z3

Postby Adv1sor » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:35 pm

So, I was there, great show, what I saw, I missed most of it...

Who won?
Adv1sor

Postby Alt_z3 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:40 pm

hehe i would like to know that:) i couldn't be there:( eh and my amv was shown on big screen:P
Alt_z3

Postby Illia Sadri » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:13 pm

woah guys, give Vic a bit of time to get home. He lives in NJ. He'll post winners once he gets in and probabaly catches up on some sleep and relaxes for a bit.

You guys can wait a little longer I think. Seriiously, everyone goes nuts for every con waiting on winners and I can say first hand that working a convention is tiring.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=130909">Image</a>
Illia Sadri

Postby dragonsong12 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:52 pm

Alt_z3 wrote:your video was mentioned by Vic on the first page all the time:) hehe lol

Well, my sister checked the list when it first went up and told me that I was not on it. Then after that, I checked it for myself, and i didn't see me on it either.

Perhaps this was a very early version of the list, but I have a witness that it was so at one point. :wink:
dragonsong12

Postby Alt_z3 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:12 am

dragonsong12 you were there from the start^^ <lol2>
Alt_z3

Postby genestarwind21122 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:56 am

It was an awsome show I remember three of the winners and two of the runner ups. However I'll let someone else post the results. I have to say this was an awsome contest. A lot of great videos this year.
genestarwind21122

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests