AnimeUSA 2006 Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:20 am

:shock:

Woot! Congrats to da finalists! ..... Jubbers is going to kick our buts in Upbeat. :P

They cut da comments ... but mine where so much fun .... :lol:

Nightowl
Org Profile

Post by Nightowl » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:39 am

JudgeHolden wrote:They cut da comments ... but mine where so much fun .... :lol:

That's what my comment would've been. Oh well.

:(

-N

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:11 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
I'm toast.. who ever watches Last Exile anyway... I'll just have to live without that new cane :wink:, so I'll smack you with something else :P

Vlad
Uh... you do realize you are speaking to someone who has a Lavie costume in her room.

And either way your vid>mine so doesn't matter. And yes you'll just have to beat me down at acen with your old decrepit stick you've been using for awhile.

Ah well, we'll have to see what happen eh pops?

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:43 pm

Kitsuner wrote:I like how almost half these videos are from Pro :lol:
That's what happens when Vic begs for submissions right after AWA :P
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:48 pm

Illia Sadri wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
I'm toast.. who ever watches Last Exile anyway... I'll just have to live without that new cane :wink:, so I'll smack you with something else :P

Vlad
Uh... you do realize you are speaking to someone who has a Lavie costume in her room.

And either way your vid>mine so doesn't matter. And yes you'll just have to beat me down at acen with your old decrepit stick you've been using for awhile.

Ah well, we'll have to see what happen eh pops?
Ok, we have to see you in da Lavie Head costume now ...... :D

Brakus
Org Profile

Re: AnimeUSA 2006 Finalists

Post by Brakus » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:00 pm

I... didn't... make... Finals....

I guess I really do suck as an editor. (cue other "regulars" around here going "that's what we've been trying to tell you" *sigh*)

Realistically, the competition was tough, and it was utterly difficult for me to make finals with these finalists. For such a relatively tiny convention, it gets quality entries. My entries certainly pale in comparison to the finalists'.

I guess there's a small bright side to this.... at least it has freed up some more time to spend elsewhere at the convention. If I'm going at all, that is.

(oh, and Bryan, PLEASE DON'T CALL ME.)
Last edited by Brakus on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:58 pm

Brakus wrote:stuff
Please don't shit up this thread with self-centered whining. Nobody else is complaining they might not attend the contest/convention simply because their video didn't get in.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:19 am

JudgeHolden wrote:
Ok, we have to see you in da Lavie Head costume now ...... :D
let me dig it out and see if I can borrow a friend's camera over the weekend. It's really not that complicated of a costume and I wonder how the character didn't accidentally flash people more often with its length.

And Brakus, enough already. You do this every time. It is tiresome. Nobody singles you out and it is competitive to get in to some of the larger contests. You know, I wasn't actually expecting to get in with my vid. It's still a bit unfinished in a couple spots that I want to tidy up and it was mostly a case of 'oh might as well' Life goes on. This really is not all that important.

Wanna know how many awards I had won prior to two weeks ago? Zero. Reactior and Youmacon changed that but it wasn't necessary to fulfill my life dream. Of course you've heard this befpre, and hear it every contest. I think it is safe to say everyone is tired of it and you don't seem to get it. Please if you only make vids for recognition, then stop making them. It is a hobby to be enjoyed. You don't need to answer to anybody else.

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:15 am

jbone wrote:
Brakus wrote:stuff
Please don't shit up this thread with self-centered whining. Nobody else is complaining they might not attend the contest/convention simply because their video didn't get in.
For the record I didn't whine about anybody else's entries. In fact, the single solitary comment that could be even remotely construed as whining was my own self-deprecating comment of "I really do suck as an editor". I mentioned that the competition was tough and it was hard for me to get in. At no point did I demean anybody (but myself) or anyone else's entries.

(And for the record also, Bryan didn't call me after I posted this. Thank heaven for small miracles.)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:18 am

Brakus wrote:These finalists sure pale in comparison to my entries...
I think you meant that the other way around.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “AMV Contests”