Disney Tribute Contest - The Happiest Video on Earth

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Dezbo21
Org Profile

Post by Dezbo21 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:23 pm

Ok, granted, I may have graduated from college awhile ago, but I do work 60+ hours a week, all on my feet, and I am setting myself up for another promotion. If you think college is tough, wait until you get a job.

During college I went to school and worked, so I know how tough time management can be. I was just saying that there were a few that were a little rough on some people, but looking at overall posts on this thread and my thoughts are that you will have a huge rush fro Beauty and the Beast. I had a great idea on that one, but lack the needed sources and time to accomplish it, but I think you will find my entry for Hercules most amusing. It's actually coming together quite nicely.

Also, I'm still working on putting together the graveyard, and I'm sure a lot of people have other projects going on as well. Maybe you could give 2 weeks for the more popular ones, and group the less popular ones together in a single week. You could still have a winner for each movie, and make your originally appointed deadline.

Then again that may just be too confusing.

You might find something that works out better for you. You never know.

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:31 pm

I forgot to mention this too, but Dezbo21 touched on it. This can be considered the quiet time on the org. A lot of the editors here are going back to school and working (Me being one of them) and time gets to be a problem. One week with those limitations to make a video at about 2-3 mins long is like asking someone to make titanium out of paper. It is not going to happen. For those who strive for excellence, it can take multiple weeks or even months to make something worthwhile. Why do you think MEPs allow so much time for simple 0:30-1:00 cuts? I can say that I have speant nearly 15 hours making ONE 52 sec clip for one project, and the coordinator did not like it and requested that it be fixed.

I love the idea, but as a contest, it might fail. As a long running, non linear MEP, I think it would have done so much better. Just my opinion. I'm still waiting for Mulan... But in all, it is what YOU want done. We can only offer opinions and try to guide you toward the proper fork in the road. I'll be around and I'll make sure to check back here to see how things go. :wink:

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:49 pm

The Dumbo winner is up!
(I still need to fix the front page though. It still says Dumbo when it should say Bambi)

Thanks for the inputs, I'll see what I can do. To Krisqo: And as I said to Dezbo, I expected the first four weeks to be slow. But by Week 5, people will have had the opportunity to work on their video for an entire month. Each successive movie will have had an extra week to follow (a little unfair, but oh well, what the hell). People can make video a LONG time prior to the video's deadline. That span of an alloted week is just to keep the videos in order for my own purposes.

...'Cause if people in February say, "I didn't have enough time!" I'm gonna throw a rock at 'em...

Another-nother thing, I was thinking of putting all the little picky, antsy-pantsy detailed "nobody gives a damn" rules on the website and if someone is really interested or concerned about a particual subject as such, they can see the website. It will make the first post much shorter and maybe not drive away younger/lazy editors. Whaddaya think? ^.^

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:51 pm

Anything to make that first page seem less like reading an instruction manual would be a HUGE improvement.

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:20 pm

Okaley dokaly friends and neighbors! The rules have been chop'd down from a whopping 11 pages (!) to only half of that at 5 and a half pages. The other half of the rules (all the prissy little details) are going to be available on the website. That's much easier reading and gets to the point faster.

bishounenaddict
Org Profile

Post by bishounenaddict » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:26 am

OH WOW! I WON! *SQUEE!* i need to check this thread more often! i miss out on stuff! & 11pgs! someone need's a life...
WTF, over.

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:20 pm

Yes, I can be obsessive every now and again.

Today marks the start of the Cinderella round. Remember you still have 'til midnight tonight to send in any Bambi submissions. I'm finally putting the rules up on the website like I said I would.

Looking forward to a great week! ^.^

NT

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:49 pm

And now
The Disney Tribute News
with your anchor, Niji Tsuki

Good afternoon, I'm Niji Tsuki, here with today's reports.

The official rules for the Disney Tribute Contest have been posted in their entirety on the Happiest Video on Earth website. They are listed under the link "What is this contest all about?" If there is something on the AMV rules you need clarification on, such as the items listed in green, refer to the website.

OUR TOP STORY TODAY
The Bambi round has been canceled due to the tragic event of Bambi's mother being shot to death. She was walking through the woods when an unknown hunter shot her with what authorities suspect to have been a rifle due to the fatal injuries she sustained. The young prince Bambi has been put in the custody of his father and police are investigating the crime to find the killer. Funeral preceedings will be held on Saturday and the public is welcomed to attend.

Niji Tsuki, over and out.

bishounenaddict
Org Profile

Post by bishounenaddict » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:14 pm

Aw porr bambi! :cry: oh well. hey I have a cinderelly one but I don't know if I'll finish it in time. I'm lucky I got off early from school today. I had a dentist appointment 9no geometry for me! :D 0 but I don't know if I'll have it finished by midnight tonight. can you give me an extension on the deadline? it sure seems liek it got here fast.
WTF, over.

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:38 pm

Return to “AMV Contests”