Official Archon Website: http://www.archonstl.org
The Archon 30 AMV Contest will hopefully be even better and packed with the same cool prizes as last year. (Just ask any of the lucky winners from last time, they'll tell ya.
This year, it will be on Friday, October 6th, tentatively at Noon again, in the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville, Illinois.
Judging this time will be pre-judging, meaning that the winners will be known, but not disclosed, before the contest. The contest will be an exhibition of the winners and honorable mentions of each category.
Archon 30 AMV Contest
1. Each entrant may only submit one video per category. (Ex. You can not submit two Action entries.)
2. Each entrant may only submit up to two videos.
3. Only videos made in 2006 are eligible for entry.
4. Only original entries will be allowed. If the video has been shown at a previous convention, or is available online, it will be disqualified. Exception: Videos shown at AWA, which is within 1 or 2 weeks of Archon, will be accepted. (This rule subject to change)
5. All entries must be recieved by September 1st, 2006.
6. Entries must contain no bumpers, credits, watermarks, logos, or subtitles. (Unless pertaining to the video itself.)
7. Entries must be no longer than 5 minutes, give or take.
8. Entries must be at least 80% anime footage.
9. Entries may be disqualified for containing too much violence or sexual content.
10. By submitting your video, you are handing over your rights to Archon, and are authorizing it to be shown or used in any way we see fit, including advertisement or exhibition somewhere besides the AMV Contest.
11. We reserve the right to disqualify your video for any reason.
12. Qualification does not guaruntee your video will be played.
13. VIdeos will be pre-judged, and the top picks will be played in the panel at the convention.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
and include the following information:
Your "editor" name.
Your studio name (if applicable)
The name of your video
The video's genre (Which category it is competing in)
THe video's anime source
The video's audio source
If entering more than one video, send seperate emails for each entry.
From that point, correspondance will be made via email, and arrangements for how your will be sending your entry in can be made.
1. Videos must be in one of the following formats:
DivX/XviD (Quant 4 CBR or nice looking 2-pass.)
Additionally, we will accept authored DVDs, given the quality is good.
2. Videos must be at least 640x480.
3. Audio must be at least 192kbps mp3, 128kbps AAC, or uncompressed WAV (Reccomended)
1. Videos may be submitted digitally via a share network such as Rapidshare.
2. Videos may be submitted on CD-R or DVD-R at the following address:
Archon 30 AMV Contest
C/O Gary Littlejohn
8670 Engler Ave.
St. John, MO 63114
3. Again, all videos must be RECIEVED, not postmarked, by September 1st, or they'll be disqualified.
In addition, all entries will be competing for "Best of Show", "Judges' Choice", and "Best Effects". Make sure you specify which category you are entering for when you enter.
Any questions can be directed to the coordinator: email@example.com
Questions can also be asked here in this thread, if you wish.