Anime North 2006 AMV Competition Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon May 29, 2006 9:42 pm

dokidoki wrote:You might have known that had you actually showed up to accept your award when they were handing them out in the first place.
Well, I was going to go into the AMV showing, but then I saw Les and he was more interesting than watching my own videos and watching a bunch of others I wouldn't want to watch. I mean, I don't even watch other AMV's on the org unless they're trailers.
dokidoki wrote:I would have been happy for your win, had you not later gone and waved your trophy in my face and gone "HA!", and posted the above drivel.
I did not say 'Ha!' I said 'Mwa ha!' They are entirely different words. 'Ha!' is like, 'up yours I won!'. 'Mwa ha' is more like 'With this, I can finally defeat super man and steal Lex Luthors gold!'. It wasn't a person attack or anything to spite you. I'm sorry if it came off like that.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon May 29, 2006 9:47 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote: I did not say 'Ha!' I said 'Mwa ha!' They are entirely different words. 'Ha!' is like, 'up yours I won!'. 'Mwa ha' is more like 'With this, I can finally defeat super man and steal Lex Luthors gold!'. It wasn't a person attack or anything to spite you. I'm sorry if it came off like that.
I've never seen such a ridiculous attempt to try and justify showing someone up. You amuse me... :lol:

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon May 29, 2006 9:50 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:I've never seen such a ridiculous attempt to try and justify showing someone up. You amuse me... :lol:
I walked into a panel I was doing on Saturday, in my pajamas with a blanket and a big stuffed bunny, proceded to sit on the table and go on. Being neurotic is one of my 'things'.

SuperS4
Org Profile

Post by SuperS4 » Mon May 29, 2006 9:52 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:I've never seen such a ridiculous attempt to try and justify showing someone up. You amuse me... :lol:
I walked into a panel I was doing on Saturday, in my pajamas with a blanket and a big stuffed bunny, proceded to sit on the table and go on. Being neurotic is one of my 'things'.
What panel did you do, or were you just a part of one?

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon May 29, 2006 9:53 pm

Oh, I was one of the boys in the 'Men Who Like Yaoi' Panel at 9am. Though my co-panelist sat there and didn't say anything. -.- But I think he had been up all night. :/

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon May 29, 2006 9:54 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:more interesting than watching my own videos and watching a bunch of others I wouldn't want to watch. I mean, I don't even watch other AMV's on the org unless they're trailers.
So you don't even know what you won against? That's just swell.
DJ_Izumi wrote:I did not say 'Ha!' I said 'Mwa ha!' They are entirely different words. 'Ha!' is like, 'up yours I won!'. 'Mwa ha' is more like 'With this, I can finally defeat super man and steal Lex Luthors gold!'. It wasn't a person attack or anything to spite you. I'm sorry if it came off like that.
I'm terribly sorry I misinterpreted a sentence fragment. :roll:
Your silence when I said "How could I have guessed that you would be a poor winner?", your further talk about "vengeance", and your whining above belie your apology.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon May 29, 2006 9:56 pm

dokidoki wrote:So you don't even know what you won against? That's just swell.
I'm 99% sure I havn't seen a single video that I was up agianst.
dokidoki wrote: I'm terribly sorry I misinterpreted a sentence fragment. :roll:
Your silence when I said "How could I have guessed that you would be a poor winner?", your further talk about "vengeance", and your whining above belie your apology.
That's not vengance about winning and who's better. That's vengance over the removal of subtitles!

SuperS4
Org Profile

Post by SuperS4 » Mon May 29, 2006 9:58 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:I'm 99% sure I havn't seen a single video that I was up agianst.
So how do you know you deserved to win? Obviously you aren't a gracious winner, not only do you shove it in someone's face, you also aren't willing to watch the competition.
DJ_Izumi wrote: That's not vengance about winning and who's better. That's vengance over the removal of subtitles!
Oh brother...here we go again. :roll:

Resk
Org Profile

Post by Resk » Mon May 29, 2006 9:59 pm

(sigh) I feel bad for the other winners. Their moment is being overshadowed by all this babble.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon May 29, 2006 9:59 pm

SuperS4 wrote:So how do you know you deserved to win?
Who cares if I deserved to win? I slapped a bunch of cartoons together with sound from a movie to make something that would entertain me for 180 seconds. It's not like I'm curing cancer here.

Return to “AMV Contests”