Anime Expo 2006 AMV rules posted

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Anime Expo 2006 AMV rules posted

Post by Castor Troy » Wed May 17, 2006 10:09 pm

"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu May 18, 2006 10:38 am

Deadline for FTP uploads ??

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Thu May 18, 2006 12:02 pm

*chokes* EIGHT?! Entries per person... WTH?! I would hate to be on the pre-judge group.

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Thu May 18, 2006 12:14 pm

How do you encode an AVI in MPEG-2? :?

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Thu May 18, 2006 4:18 pm

<a href="http://www.tmpgenc.net">TMPGEnc</a>

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Thu May 18, 2006 4:27 pm

I know. I was just nitpicking the submission form, where one of the options is "Mpeg2 Encoded AVI". Like, how can you put Mpeg2 in an AVI? :P

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu May 18, 2006 4:43 pm

Janzki wrote:I know. I was just nitpicking the submission form, where one of the options is "Mpeg2 Encoded AVI". Like, how can you put Mpeg2 in an AVI? :P
Sneakily change the file extension? :roll:

I'll try to enter if I can get my presently-dead HD data back :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Erinn
Org Profile

Post by Erinn » Fri May 19, 2006 5:32 pm

What about anime not yet hosted in America but got recently licensed?

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sat May 20, 2006 3:54 am

Janzki wrote:I know. I was just nitpicking the submission form, where one of the options is "Mpeg2 Encoded AVI". Like, how can you put Mpeg2 in an AVI? :P
Wow, they still haven't fixed that?

Dang.

I really like clause 12:
12. By submitting your video to this contest you affirm and agree that the submission is entirely
and without condition your own creation, does not contain any material which may infringe on any
intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, or if it does, proper authorization and/or
license have been obtained from the creator, distribution company, or owner of such rights.
SPJA, their subsidiaries and affiliates, their officers, directors, agents, insurers, employees, and
volunteers, assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for damages, loss or injury resulting
from participation in the contest or acceptance or use of any prize.
Please excuse me for maniacally laughing at the idea of anime music videos that don't infringe on "any intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties".

Yeah, sure, I guess with enough lawyers and enough money you might be able to make a case, and every now and then we get a video which is clearly, well, in the clear, but those are far from the rule.

[edit: Or, well, if AX actually brings in every copyright holder for every anime used and gets their approval for every shot in every video that makes it to the contest, I guess that'd also work.

The absolutely suicidal complexity of that task is just a minor detail. You know, just an implementation thing.

Getting some sort of blanket license is also a possibility, and if AX has that then I really want to know how they got that. That'd be like the most permissive (non-Creative Commons, non-GPL, non-BSD, etc.) license I've ever seen.

I'm assuming that AX has deals with every involved music licensing group for public performance of original and modified works. Most cons do.]

xoverburnx
Org Profile

Post by xoverburnx » Sun May 21, 2006 3:58 am

i guess i should call the number on their website for the email address... or i'll email the poster of this topic :D

Return to “AMV Contests”