Studio Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Syaoran of the Light
Org Profile

Studio Contest

Post by Syaoran of the Light » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:31 am

Ok, well this will be a contest to decide who gets into DeStudio, once there is enough people in the contest it will start. the link to more info is here.

sorry but im not very good with knowing what to say x.x;;

Rules:
1) you may only enter one video
2) you must have made the video yourself
3) you must not be in any studio at all
4) no complaining if you lose
5) no gloating if you win

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:28 am

Y'know, this is probably the most elitist way I've ever heard of to get new members.

Just a thought.

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:26 am

Just about everyone is in at least one studio whether they made up the name or have their own website for it. I'd enter a vid in the contest but I'd keep my own studio.

You're in the 30 Seconds to Mars editor project so I thought you might wanna check out an AMV I did with one of their songs.

Link: Bleach - Raishuu

Let me know how it compares to MasterGohan22's version "which I still haven't seen yet"

sakuraslight
Need more Jiggawatts
Org Profile

Post by sakuraslight » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:49 pm

I go under a indervidual studio with just me in it so could i enter if i want to?
ImageImage

Syaoran of the Light
Org Profile

Post by Syaoran of the Light » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:39 pm

if i remember correct the rules are 1 studio per a amv creater for serten reasons, so if u wanna enter you would have to just be in destudio and not ur own one but then thats if u win but to enter u cant be in a studio.. i hope that helps o.O;; altho im abit confused from what i said........

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:20 pm

Syaoran of the Light wrote:if i remember correct the rules are 1 studio per a amv creater for serten reasons, so if u wanna enter you would have to just be in destudio and not ur own one but then thats if u win but to enter u cant be in a studio.. i hope that helps o.O;; altho im abit confused from what i said........
I'm not sure what you said is in English - yeah, the words on their own are understandable, but when you put them together it's gibberish.

Try again?

Syaoran of the Light
Org Profile

Post by Syaoran of the Light » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:56 pm

if i remember correct the rules are 1 studio per a amv creater for serten reasons, so if u wanna enter you cant be in any studio at all so you would have to quit the studio ur in already to enter, but im not saying quit your studio and enter then contest because i think id have a few owner bugging me if i did and it would be right. and theres also a fact that only 2 people can win the contest althoi have been thinking that if i think the person is good enough i will let them in anyways. (altho they would get to the finals if they was that good)

i cant really make it clearer my grammer is the worse... altho i am english what is quite odd....

AngryManAnime
Org Profile

Post by AngryManAnime » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:26 am

dokool wrote:Y'know, this is probably the most elitist way I've ever heard of to get new members.
Forgive jake, he's too lazy to go scouting around and looking up all sorts of info like that. :roll:

Okay here's the deal since he just complicates it:
If you've made up your own studio, good for you. Do you have an actual website with a server to host you AMVs along with some fancy html work? If not then your studio is like an imaginary friend, pretty useless in reality. So if you're a member of Club-You you may quit Club-You to join a real studio that everyone else can see. It's got a website, forum, (small) fanbase, the works! :wink:

Otherwise, if you're the only person running your site and it's a hassle for you, you can try to join Destudio in hopes of less work on your part to keep the site up.

Example: You just upload the video, jake makes the page for it and announces it. How's that sound? Pretty sweet huh?

Another advantage of having acess to a server just for DeStudio, is indirect linking, ever see those on an AMV catalog entry here on the org? It means people do not have to sign in, (be a member of the org) to download your music video. Therefore you get more exposure to the public. More people can download your video. and people on 56k will have better acess because the server supports resume with download managers. More hits! Boo-ya!

Also, on DeStudio's server, you will not have to conform to the org's policys. You can upload a file over 100mb without request.

So go forth! and join jake's sexy little club where only the sexy people hang out. Just kidding, he's actually a pretty humble fellow if I've ever met one. A decent webmaster, if not a terrible linguist. :P

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:16 pm

AngryManAnime wrote:Example: You just upload the video, jake makes the page for it and announces it. How's that sound? Pretty sweet huh?
...you should offer the option for somebody who has greater command of a keyboard to do the announcement bit.

AngryManAnime wrote:Another advantage of having acess to a server just for DeStudio, is indirect linking, ever see those on an AMV catalog entry here on the org? It means people do not have to sign in, (be a member of the org) to download your music video. Therefore you get more exposure to the public. More people can download your video. and people on 56k will have better acess because the server supports resume with download managers. More hits! Boo-ya!
You seem to be advertising advantages that aren't - does the DeStudio site have the capacity for instant feedback like the 'Org's Quick Comments, Star Ratings, and Opinion sections? Additionally, people with 56k can just read this thread and learn how to resume... additionally, you talk about the 100mb thing as if the 'Org's policy is significantly oppressing people. I'm pretty sure most of the 100mb+ requests are made by people who don't know how to request their audio, and the other 10% are people with valid vids that get approved.

I mean, if you're looking for new members, then post a thread looking for new members and I wish you luck, but don't try to pretend like you're offering a gift from God by letting the lowly peasants come in from the fields :lol:

AngryManAnime
Org Profile

Post by AngryManAnime » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:44 pm

Just offering a positive spin. :roll:

This opportunity might appeal to some people after all there are already a few people participating in it, but as always someone comes along and tears it down, therefore killing all hope of further participation.

Return to “AMV Contests”