NEW!! Anime Rudeboy Productions 80's AMV contest

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

NEW!! Anime Rudeboy Productions 80's AMV contest

Postby TommyRude » Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:20 am

Subject says it all, people. Well, not ALL, for that you need to go HERE!

This isn't just ANY contest, this is a very specialized one. Check out the info on the page for the details, and enjoy.

Peace Out
TommyRude

Postby MistyCaldwell » Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:38 am

Hey that's a pretty good spiel. Prizes aren't too shabby either.

It's good the deadline is so far away because I think a video like this isn't something most people have lying around.

The only part that makes me wary is the selective 80's music. As in, made in 80's doesn't mean it is 80's....so does that mean to have a snowball's chance at winning overall it would have to be something you liked personally? It IS your contest I guess :wink: I imagine you don't want 20 amv's of 'Video killed the radio star'
MistyCaldwell

Postby mexicanjunior » Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:51 am

OMG! OMG! Take On Me!!! :shock:
mexicanjunior

Postby ShonenDizzyCow » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:02 am

Heh, highly tempting, if only I had an idea........ :cry:
ShonenDizzyCow

Postby Nappy » Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:44 am

*Listens to Vice City soundtrack*
Nappy

Postby HellBlazer » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:21 am

Nappy wrote:*Listens to Vice City soundtrack*

Lol...thats a good idea.... 8)
CLARAS FORUM IS BACK!!

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
HellBlazer

80's

Postby anneke » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:21 am

I love 80's music. How many videos can we enter? I have my two videos that I entered to AWA's 80's music contest. And guess what, both are in the 'Yaoi' sort of category, however only 1 would I call 'adult'.

I'll have to e-mail you about my other video(s) I may enter. If I get my current project done this month (Thanksgiving weekend is looking to be prime editing time), I may be able to get my next video done by Feb. and thus enter it into the contest as well (it will be using 80's music ofcourse).

Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)
anneke

Postby Hitori » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:41 am

Wow.. Sounds cool!
*Thinks of all the song/anime combinations that could be used*

8)
ImageImage
Hitori

Postby Satori » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:58 am

That sounds like fun. I've got old Bratpack movie songs going through my head now.
Satori

Postby Kai Stromler » Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:00 pm

Nif-TAY. I assume HammerFall counts?

(for those not in the know, this is a throwback Swedish power metal band that many in the scene wish didn't exist; don't dl or listen to this if you value your ears or your sanity)

"Nothing on earth is forever,..." BLAM!

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
IT'S TIME!
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available
Kai Stromler

Postby The Wired Knight » Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:12 pm

Nice idea Tommy. I've always thought 80s music isn't seen enough in AMVs, although I fear that Hentai catagory, the thought of something like Micheal Jackson to a hentai just scares the living crap out of me.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby PhReAkAzOiD187 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:16 pm

excellent. my friends rip on me for liking 80's music so much. how many vids can we enter and does it matter if they've been made in the last couple months. (i.e. my Teksetter! video set to van halen)
hmm, maybe i should put off my other projects for now and think of this one, it could be interesting. also, is the video disqualified if the quality isn't that top notch, my teksetter video got DQed from CSUN's contest because of quality, it's not bad on a computer screen but it looks pretty awful on a projector.
Men fight because they enter into insanity, the weapons they use are just amplifiers to increase that insanity.

<a href=http://www.entropy-studios.com>-=Entropy Studios=-</a> -In the blink of an eye
PhReAkAzOiD187

Postby RichLather » Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:31 pm

Sweet, I'm in.

I've got a couple ready-made that would fit the bill nicely! Quality is so-so, as these were made in the early 90's on VHS, and only this year have been transferred to digital format.

As such, it fits in perfectly with the old-school mentality. :)

Also have an idea for a good combo that might or might not be a quickie worth attempting.
RichLather

Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org

Postby mexicanjunior » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:24 pm

My miniAMV project idea is using 80's music, so I'll be able to kill 2 birds with one stone on this thing. :D
mexicanjunior

Postby Dannywilson » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:27 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Nice idea Tommy. I've always thought 80s music isn't seen enough in AMVs, although I fear that Hentai catagory, the thought of something like Micheal Jackson to a hentai just scares the living crap out of me.

I call Michael "Jackson - Beat It" for this category...
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us
Dannywilson

Next

Return to AMV Contests