AMV Hell Championship Edition

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Perfect Chaos
Org Profile

Post by Perfect Chaos » Thu May 25, 2006 10:13 pm

pat_hulse wrote:
Qyot27 wrote:Got my info for Round 20 up. 4 for Albuquerque and 1 for Boyz In The Hood.
So nearly half of the Albuquerque entries were yours? Sonofabitch...
I thought the rules said you can do one entry for each song, or 5 entries for one song.

Well anyway, I'll add my entries up there too I guess, before I forget about it ^^;

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:45 pm

Perfect Chaos wrote:
pat_hulse wrote:
Qyot27 wrote:Got my info for Round 20 up. 4 for Albuquerque and 1 for Boyz In The Hood.
I thought the rules said you can do one entry for each song, or 5 entries for one song.
Copied from the first post:

"You can do one entry for each song, or 5 entries for one song, or however you want to split it up."
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

KojiKatsuya
Org Profile

Post by KojiKatsuya » Thu May 25, 2006 11:59 pm

princess_ookumae wrote: Checks wiki....Koji has entries this round.....I'm actually interested in seeing your FFAC entry Koji

Anticipation is now killing me......oh well off to defeat Magus....again
Well, if I don't win, I'll upload it to YouTube. That's also where you can find my Round 10 and 17 entry
"You've Got A Friend.... the theme from 'Friends'.... That's What Friends Are For..... shit......"

- Kate Monster, Avenue Q

Perfect Chaos
Org Profile

Post by Perfect Chaos » Fri May 26, 2006 1:00 am

Qyot27 wrote:
Perfect Chaos wrote:
pat_hulse wrote:
Copied from the first post:

"You can do one entry for each song, or 5 entries for one song, or however you want to split it up."
Phew, that's good. Can't believe I didn't read the line right after that XD

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun May 28, 2006 6:25 pm

*deedle deedle dee...*

What's the longest silence on this thread?..because I think we're getting close to it if we haven't surpassed it already.

*sigh*
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Vile2539
Org Profile

Post by Vile2539 » Sun May 28, 2006 8:00 pm

It has been pretty quiet indeed. The suspense is killing me :P
How to impress a woman: Cuddle her, kiss her, caress her, tease her, comfort her, protect her, hug her, care for her, support her.
How to impress a man: Show up naked, bring beer.

pat_hulse
Org Profile

Post by pat_hulse » Mon May 29, 2006 1:30 pm

Man, we only had a week to make all of our videos from scratch, and Zarxrax has taken more than a week to put just a fraction of them all together. I wonder if he's just screwing with us at this point or if he's making a really cool credits sequence or something.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon May 29, 2006 1:48 pm

pat_hulse wrote:Man, we only had a week to make all of our videos from scratch, and Zarxrax has taken more than a week to put just a fraction of them all together. I wonder if he's just screwing with us at this point or if he's making a really cool credits sequence or something.
There's really a lot of work involved in getting it done. I would say I'm about 2/3 finished now.

- First of all you have to consider there are about 50 videos being used in the compilation
- for each video, an avisynth script must be made to get all of the videos into the same format, make sure the aspect ratios are correct, etc
- some people somehow managed to seriously fuck up their audio, so i have to try and replace the audio on some of them
- each video has to be placed on the timeline, have the transitions lined up properly with it, and trim any excess crap from the beginning or end
- you have to make the opening sequence
- you have to do the closing/credits sequence, which probably takes up the most amount of time. This involves not only writing up the credits and putting them in the video, but checking up on the sources that people used, trying to find out the sources when people did not list them and you can not get in touch with them, and trying to generally make sure everything is free of spelling errors and typos
- the whole thing (probably about 30 minutes or so in length) has to be checked over multiple times to make sure no weird stuff happens. And weird stuff does happen.

pat_hulse
Org Profile

Post by pat_hulse » Mon May 29, 2006 1:53 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
pat_hulse wrote:Man, we only had a week to make all of our videos from scratch, and Zarxrax has taken more than a week to put just a fraction of them all together. I wonder if he's just screwing with us at this point or if he's making a really cool credits sequence or something.
There's really a lot of work involved in getting it done. I would say I'm about 2/3 finished now.

- First of all you have to consider there are about 50 videos being used in the compilation
- for each video, an avisynth script must be made to get all of the videos into the same format, make sure the aspect ratios are correct, etc
- some people somehow managed to seriously fuck up their audio, so i have to try and replace the audio on some of them
- each video has to be placed on the timeline, have the transitions lined up properly with it, and trim any excess crap from the beginning or end
- you have to make the opening sequence
- you have to do the closing/credits sequence, which probably takes up the most amount of time. This involves not only writing up the credits and putting them in the video, but checking up on the sources that people used, trying to find out the sources when people did not list them and you can not get in touch with them, and trying to generally make sure everything is free of spelling errors and typos
- the whole thing (probably about 30 minutes or so in length) has to be checked over multiple times to make sure no weird stuff happens. And weird stuff does happen.
50 Videos!? Holy shit. How did so many get in? I thought it would just be the winners and a couple honorable mentions, not the winners and 22 honorable mentions. Still, I look forward to it. Thanks for the update!

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon May 29, 2006 3:56 pm

Whoa...so we won't know the winners of round 20 until we see the comp? Clever. Devious and a smidge dastardly, but clever nonetheless. ;)

And the way I have this figured, there will be 28 winners in all. If you allow one honorable mention for each round (minus #10), you'd have 18 more, bringing the total to 46. There will probably be a few deserving honorables from the final round to bring the score to 50, so it makes sense..
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “AMV Contests”