AMV Hell Championship Edition

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
sakuraslight
Need more Jiggawatts
Org Profile

Post by sakuraslight » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:04 pm

sorry this is off topic but simon cowel should die of gonaria and rot in (AMV) hell
ImageImage

Strawberry Key
Org Profile

Post by Strawberry Key » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:36 pm

pat_hulse wrote:
dokidoki wrote:
pat_hulse wrote:I couldn't think of an anime that featured lips.
If you hadn't seen/thought of it already: Lain.
Never seen Lain. Does it feature disembodied lips at some point?
Yup. You can see a little screenshot of them in this synopsis of the episode they appear in: http://www.bitbear.com/cyberia/episode6.htm

As for the (yay, posted!) entries: oh my goodness, I can definitely see why all of these won their positions. Especially AmPsy-- that was a genius match. XDDD I really loved pat_hulge's Log entry as well. Really cute.

pat_hulse
Org Profile

Post by pat_hulse » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:47 pm

Strawberry Key wrote:
pat_hulse wrote:
dokidoki wrote:
pat_hulse wrote:I couldn't think of an anime that featured lips.
If you hadn't seen/thought of it already: Lain.
Never seen Lain. Does it feature disembodied lips at some point?
Yup. You can see a little screenshot of them in this synopsis of the episode they appear in: http://www.bitbear.com/cyberia/episode6.htm

As for the (yay, posted!) entries: oh my goodness, I can definitely see why all of these won their positions. Especially AmPsy-- that was a genius match. XDDD I really loved pat_hulge's Log entry as well. Really cute.
Wow, that actually might work.

I'm glad you liked my entry.

As for the other runner-ups, I am proud to be considered in their league. They were all very funny.

AmPsy...
"We're not worthy!"
:x *kneels* :x

princess_ookumae
Org Profile

Post by princess_ookumae » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:05 pm

OMFG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wildcard winner and runnerups! Especially dokidoki's entry! Genius work ya'll!
Last edited by princess_ookumae on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeoAC
Org Profile

Post by NeoAC » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:22 pm

Wow, I guess I should remember to read things more carefully next time, eh? I mean, I was so happy to get it up and....... OK no more lame excuses. I didn't win anyway.

Haven't seen the winners yet, but judging from average download times, I should see them within three days.

Also, I agree with Rich, I would like to see everyone's entries because I am sure there was a wide array of interesting ones.

Double also, Simon Cowell, should be forced to sit in a room, listening to William Hung sing for two days straight.

Nyril
Org Profile

Post by Nyril » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:25 am

I'm curious, as that was my first entry, and I wasn't intending it to intentionally suck (Although I imagine it might be amusing to create a fake account just see how -bad- you could make an AMV) could I get some feedback on my video please? I'd be happy if at the very least I wasn't in the total crap pile.
Last edited by Nyril on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

BunofGovt
Org Profile

Post by BunofGovt » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:15 am

Wee haw! Congrats to the winner and runners-up!
"Didn't I say something clever earlier?"
"Dunno, I was probably asleep when you said it."

AmPsy
Org Profile

Post by AmPsy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:42 am

Thanks everyone! I really loved the runners up entries and thought that they were better than mine. I guess after I watched my video a buncha times to make sure it wasn't messed up, it got less and less funny to me.

The idea just came to me like somebody had whispered it over my shoulder (I think I even glanced backwards to make sure somebody wasn't actually whispering to me. :lol: at 0430 in the morning, you never know) and I can assure you, a fluke idea like that won't happen to me again!
pat_hulse wrote: AmPsy...
"We're not worthy!"
:x *kneels* :x
I'm not worthy! AmPsy = Lucky n00b ^^;
Awesome round everyone! \m/>_<\m/

p.s.
I would like my prize money in a lump sum please... k thx! :wink:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:27 pm

Nyril wrote:I'm curious, as that was my first entry, and I wasn't intending it to intentionally suck (Although I imagine it might be amusing to create a fake account just see how -bad- you could make an AMV) could I get some feedback on my video please? I'd be happy if at the very least I wasn't in the total crap pile.
The first time I watched your video the only words that could come to my mind are "wtf is this?".
As soon as the video ended, I began laughing hysterically. I don't know exactly why.

So yea, it wasn't total crap.

LuigiHann
Org Profile

Post by LuigiHann » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:34 pm

It's perhaps a coincidence, as weirder things have happened, but AmPsi's winning entry for round ten, the Planet of the Apes/End of Eva clip, is the exact same joke made at the end of Evangelion ReDeath.
I'm not suggesting it's plagiarism, just noting that the scenes are similar enough that it might fall under the category of "obvious." But then again, that's part of AMV Hell's charm, I suppose...

Return to “AMV Contests”