Animania Con Ja Nai XII Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Animania Con Ja Nai XII Contest

Post by Kalium » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:14 pm

With the success of last year's contest, the rest of Animania has been convinced to let me run an AMV contest once more.

Most of the rules are unchanged from last year. Sorry about waiting so long to launch this, but I got the go-ahead and found out how big a timeslot I have two days ago.

The full rules are linked at the bottom (contains submission information), as well as the submission form.

Perferably, submit the video via ftp . Snail mail is possible, but less reliable. NO VHS TAPES!

Because resuming uploads is a little tricky with the server and settings I'm using, incomplete uploads will be deleted automatically. So if your upload is interrupted, you'll have to try again. Sorry. Also, once you upload, you won't see the file on the server, just so you are aware.

Formats: In short, if I can play it, it's all good. But be reasonable, please. I don't want to deal with multi-gig HuffYUV submissions, OK? MPEG and MPEG2 are fine, as well as DivX, XviD, or other common codecs in an AVI are fine. I'd prefer not to have to handle Makostra or Ogg files. Also, I'm not about to handle Quicktime or Real files. Please note that I may transcode the videos if they don't playback properly or if they are in a problemtic format (for me) like Ogg or Makostra.

Content Guidelines: If it's Org-friendly, then it's fine. Anything else is subject to potential rejection.

Submissions: I would prefer relatively new videos, OK? Be nice, and be reasonable.

Contest itself: The categories are action, comedy, drama/serious (includes romance), and the generic other.

Deadline: October 26. I know it's close, no need to remind me about that, it's not my fault.

Awards & Prizes: There will be a winner in each category. Other awards may or may not occur as the judges see fit. Prizes are more likely this year than last, but not certain at this point.

The event itself will be on October 29, in Ann Arbor, on the campus of the University of Michigan. More details on the rest of the event will be made availible as it nears and as it's planned.

The full rules (including submission information) are here, and the submission form is here.

killerwog corp
Org Profile

Post by killerwog corp » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:56 pm

ok ill have my new vid up soon so yea im gonna enter

bluey11
Org Profile

Post by bluey11 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:58 pm

sounds good....im gonna upload my vid tonight ;)

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:51 am

I'll be fixing up that one that I worked on tonight. Should be ready long before the deadline. Just gotta fix that second verse... that fell apart on me relaly badly.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:34 am

I'll upload my 3 amv's this weekend. Good luck everybody.

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:15 pm

Hey Kalium can I submit Ophoria or Eufivrea as you call it.
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:16 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:Hey Kalium can I submit Ophoria or Eufivrea as you call it.
Go for it! :lol:

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:43 am

Folks, just a reminder, there's not a lot of time on this. It would look very bad if I didn't start to get more entries soon (more than current one entry).

Please?

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:29 am

Don't worry there are 2 weeks left. I'll be submitting my videos shortly.

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:28 am

Submissions by FTP!? I'm definetely in! I'll upload 2 of my vids tonight "maybe tomorrow".

Return to “AMV Contests”