Official AWA 11 Results

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby Bote » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:20 pm

lol @ "Best Old School"award. Haven't seen the vid, but this award really sounds stupid imo.
Trippy 3D Trip
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS Image
Bote

Postby badmartialarts » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:14 pm

The award may sound stupid but the video is awesome. :P

"Put your hands up...high....."
Life's short.
eBayhard.
badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:14 pm

It is a wierd award because it moves AMVs that use old anime to their own award. Though it's not too bad since older stuff is so often overlooked.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby Lord Rae » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:16 pm

and its usually ugly. :P Sorry bad thing to say but its a base reaction. If you don't have the sentimental attachment it really is just ugly.

luckily the video that won deserved it.
Lord Rae

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:41 pm

It really should of been called "Classic" instead of "OldSchool".. Never the less, the video was awsome and deserved to win for sure

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:00 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:It really should of been called "Classic" instead of "OldSchool".. Never the less, the video was awsome and deserved to win for sure

Vlad

Classic would have been a better term as oldschool typically implies a certain era or is very relative.
BANG

The Wired Knight

Postby Digitalex » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:14 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:It really should of been called "Classic" instead of "OldSchool".. Never the less, the video was awsome and deserved to win for sure

Vlad

Classic would have been a better term as oldschool typically implies a certain era or is very relative.

Agreed. When a few of us heard the term, we thought...two VCR editing??? :lol:
[url=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=382830]Image
[/url]
Digitalex

Postby Lostboy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:23 pm

Knowname wrote:the muppets song???

It's the same song that Kermit sang, yes, but not that version. It was sung very beautifully by an acapella choir. I'll post the video for download soon.
Lostboy

Postby Nessephanie » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:45 am

I thought of the muppets when it first started playing as well hehe.
Nessephanie
Cookie Monster

Postby Lostboy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 am

Well, the vocalist singing the melody was obviously trying to emulate Kermit; but to me that was incedental. I was more interested in the rich harmonies and the tempo in that particular arrangement.
Lostboy

Postby TaranT » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:04 am

Lostboy wrote:
Knowname wrote:the muppets song???

It's the same song that Kermit sang, yes, but not that version. It was sung very beautifully by an acapella choir. I'll post the video for download soon.

I've had that song on my potential projects list for some time, but I'm glad you beat me to it. Although I prefer Karen Carpenter's version...just because. :wink:

Vlad Pohnert wrote:It really should of been called "Classic" instead of "OldSchool".. Never the less, the video was awsome and deserved to win for sure.

Agreed. I was expecting an old-school edit at first. That was not the case, but the video was pretty amazing nonetheless. It's a must-have.
TaranT

Postby Ashyukun » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:40 am

Vlad

It helped that when we were voting, we had the description of the category that made it make more sense. And yes- while the category name may have been a bit confusing, there was nothing confusing about how good the video that won it was.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech

Postby MCWagner » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:34 pm

Ashyukun wrote:

Vlad

It helped that when we were voting, we had the description of the category that made it make more sense. And yes- while the category name may have been a bit confusing, there was nothing confusing about how good the video that won it was.

Hmm... I'll keep that in mind, should the category crop up again in future pro contests.

Though I would have thought "classic" would be mistaken for the AMVs of yesteryear, and the video that won it had best emulated them... but I guess that's just me.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.
MCWagner

Postby The Wired Knight » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:39 pm

Perhaps "Best AMV Using Classic Anime" would be better? It's a bit long for an award title but it is more clear than the alternative.
BANG

The Wired Knight

Postby Lostboy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:31 pm

How about Best Retro?
Lostboy

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests