Official AWA 11 Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:32 pm

OH! ok I get it now ;p Old School is describing the word AAnime in AMV, not the entire word AMV -_- Dorks :lol:

Digitalex
Org Profile

Post by Digitalex » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:34 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Perhaps "Best AMV Using Classic Anime" would be better? It's a bit long for an award title but it is more clear than the alternative.
It's certainly not longer than, "Joseph Campbell Memorial Character Profile:" :D

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:20 pm

Congratulations everyone :-*

WalterScott
Org Profile

Post by WalterScott » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:53 pm

Lostboy wrote:How about Best Retro?
hmm... Retro... I like that.... :D
- = ( ( g r a v e n i m a g e ) ) = -

Darkseid
Org Profile

Post by Darkseid » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:37 pm

'best retro award'. sounds like a cool one to shoot for. ^^
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:02 pm

Digitalex wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:Perhaps "Best AMV Using Classic Anime" would be better? It's a bit long for an award title but it is more clear than the alternative.
It's certainly not longer than, "Joseph Campbell Memorial Character Profile:" :D
Heh... how many people out there actually got that joke?
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

HajimeSaitouX06
Org Profile

Post by HajimeSaitouX06 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:38 pm

MCWagner wrote:
Digitalex wrote:
I was a first time con atendee, but from inference alone I gather that person won that award numerous times. Am I right?

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:33 am

MCWagner wrote:
Digitalex wrote:
I recognized the name, but not much more. I had written Campbell off as one of these nuts that academia gets the hots for every few years. So I never read any of his books.

But Wikipedia, as always, provides education and enlightenment. :P
For those who want to know, see here and here.

Although one could learn the same by watching about a hundred scifi and fantasy movies.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:17 am

hmm, yea that probably had been a better wording for it. What can I say I suck at comming up with category names. important thing is it won something ;p

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:46 pm

TaranT wrote:I recognized the name, but not much more. I had written Campbell off as one of these nuts that academia gets the hots for every few years. So I never read any of his books.

But Wikipedia, as always, provides education and enlightenment. :P
For those who want to know, see here and here.

Although one could learn the same by watching about a hundred scifi and fantasy movies.
Short version: Campbell wrote a book called "the hero of 1,000 faces" in which he demonstrates that an enormous amount of ancient myth up through modern film works from a very similar mold when constructing their hero... essentially, beneath surface detail, all popular heros are exactly the same.

Mike and Meri's video was showing a selection of all the really angsty anime heroes, and really subtly making fun of the fact that they all "walk alone," when really they're all really similar. Besides, the last award they'd won at AWA was the "Captain Murphy memorial Grand Prize" so it made an amusing continuing joke.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

Return to “AMV Contests”