Upcoming Contests

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Upcoming Contests

Postby tylsan » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:26 am

Can anyone tell me what contests are coming up in the next few months? I'm thinking I might try to enter some more contests to see if I can get them shown at and actual contest. I've tried to enter three and 1) my entry didn't arrive until almost a month after the dealine, 2) was shown as secondary filler, or 3) not shown at all.
tylsan

Postby mexicanjunior » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:17 am

mexicanjunior

Postby wolf_hunter » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:47 am

wolf_hunter

The best?

Postby Bmud » Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:59 pm

This is sort of similar.. but which anime con would be the best to show a video at? Or, rather, which con gets all the really good ones?
Bmud

Re: The best?

Postby Koopiskeva » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:32 pm

Bmud wrote:This is sort of similar.. but which anime con would be the best to show a video at? Or, rather, which con gets all the really good ones?

Well, you should probably send them to the largest conventions then. From what I've heard, AWA is the best convention for AMVs. The large conventions also receive good recognition as well such as Otakon and Anime Expo. I haven't sent anything to these large conventions yet, so I don't really know first hand how they really turn out.
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

Postby Bmud » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:23 pm

what does awa stand for?
Bmud

Postby Koopiskeva » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:31 pm

awa = anime weekend atlanta
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

Re: Upcoming Contests

Postby CArnesen » Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:42 am

tylsan wrote:Can anyone tell me what contests are coming up in the next few months? I'm thinking I might try to enter some more contests to see if I can get them shown at and actual contest. I've tried to enter three and 1) my entry didn't arrive until almost a month after the dealine, 2) was shown as secondary filler, or 3) not shown at all.

Sakura-Con 2003
Sakura-Con 2003

and...

Sakura-Con 2003!!!

Not that I'm biased or anything... :wink:
--Chris ^_^
CArnesen

Postby wolf_hunter » Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:57 pm

of course not ;)
wolf_hunter

Postby Cybermat » Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:18 pm

You might want to consider Otakon. :)

OTAKON 2003 (AKA Otakon X) will be August 8-10, 2003 in Baltimore, Maryland. Some time before New Years the submission guidelines & contest rules should be posted at http://www.otakon.com. (As soon as they're ready, basically.)

We accept AMV submissions on both tape and CD, and allow submissions from people outside the U.S. and/or those who won't be able to make it to Otakon in person. We also show all the submissions at the con. Usually about 28 AMVs make it to the finals and compete for awards/prizes in the contest at the convention (audience votes for their favorites in each of 5 categories).

--
Matt Pyson
AMV Contest & Screening Coordinator
Otakon 2003
Cybermat

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:20 am

Gee Matt, I see you got sucked into another year of contest running! Well I look forward in seeing you there since once again I'll be making the trip to Otakon!!!

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Scott A Melzer » Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:49 am

Otakon:
The biggest, but friendliest con around...

...and running a close second is the smallest but also extremely friendly PortConMaine, an anime and gaming convention in Portland Maine in June 2003.

I'm running the AMV contest there, and as we're pretty unknown, we'll definately be looking for submissions!

The guidelines aren't up yet (as of the 2nd of the year) but they will be very soon (I'm working on them right NOW). Check out our website at http://www.portconmaine.com

Peace!
Scott A Melzer

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:31 am

Yes, Otakon is great.

Funny thing is that I may be also running a contest (possbibly 2) and maybe even an AMV track at a couple of cons. A present it's all still being dicussed so I'll make any announcements when it's official. They of course are up here in Canada.... Time I feel for me to promote the AMV community as much as possible.

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Return to AMV Contests