TRWYP IS BACK! (win $100!)[deadline: March 7]

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby SQ » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:40 pm

Got it. <3
Will watch later. Should be in bed. Have to wake up at 6am tomorrow. x_x
-SQ™
Changes are good. Wait until you've seen mine.
Latest video - Family (Oct 3, 2013)
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby SQ » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:05 pm

NMEisMIA wrote:Assbutts,

Please find enclosed my entry to the contest. I cannot get in contact with SQ over AIM so I am posting in the thread to make my intention to win this bitch clear.

NME

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=109561

That was funny.
No really.

Is it really your voice?

Everything after :02 didn't synch, and you're Disqualified. Have a nice day.
-SQ™
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby SQ » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:27 pm

Okay, I watched Kitsuner's and TheUnlimited's videos back to back, and this was a hard decision, but I think I got it hammered out.
If anyone else is in the contest, let me know, otherwise I will end this early. Whenever I wake up tomorrow (which might be 4pm EST).

If someone is still in, I'll wait until 11:59pm EST for you.

That said, if there is only two of you, who wants the DVDs?
And for whoever gets the DVD-Rom, should I give you the IDE cable, also? (It is a new drive, but did not come in a box. I also have screws if you'd like those, too).

Now, While I DO need to save money for college, I have a job now and I'd like to waste 100 more dollars.

I have another contest in the ready. Same ideal, you have a song you need to edit to, but this time it is from The Atomic Fireballs (40s-50s rock of somesort).

The contest will start almost immediately after this one, and the song you will have to edit to is "Man with the Hex". The theme is over-synch, meaning I want you to action synch to EVERY THING, making this contest so much harder(especially if you've heard this song).

I'm giving you guys a heads-up in case you want to particpate before it's officially released. ;)

What I'd like from you guys, especially if you know of the Atomic Fireballs, is a good deadline. I'm thinking May or June. Do you guys think I should go later?

Anyway, hope you all had fun with this, see you for the next one! 8-)
(would also like a name for the next contest. XP)
-SQ™
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby Unlimited Rice » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:37 pm

I'll go for the dvds :)
Unlimited Rice

Postby NMEisMIA » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:15 pm

Typical. No one understands great art on this site. You're all a bunch of philistines.
NMEisMIA

Postby SQ » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:17 pm

One of the rules was you had to hear "Pokemon" in the song.
I was expecting you to yell out "pokemon" just to qualify yourself. XD

But you didn't.

Sad, really. You almost had me with "Well, I DID say remixes were allowed". Until you didn't say pokemon. That's what bit you in the ass. XP
-SQ™
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby Kitsuner » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:25 pm

TheUnlimited wrote:I'll go for the dvds :)

Mind going 50-50? You pick one, and I take the other?

SQ wrote:Sad, really. You almost had me with "Well, I DID say remixes were allowed". Until you didn't say pokemon. That's what bit you in the ass. XP

Actually, I could hear "pokemon" a few times in the background near 0:15. Of course, NME would still be DQ'd because of the length issue. :P
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby NMEisMIA » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:26 pm

SQ wrote:One of the rules was you had to hear "Pokemon" in the song.
I was expecting you to yell out "pokemon" just to qualify yourself. XD

But you didn't.

Sad, really. You almost had me with "Well, I DID say remixes were allowed". Until you didn't say pokemon. That's what bit you in the ass. XP

The word pokemon occurs four times in the audio from 11 sec to 15sec. It is sampled directly from the song.
NMEisMIA

Postby SQ » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:28 pm

Well, if my speakers didn't pick it up, then they don't fall under "hear pokemon at least once coherently." XP

The DVDs are Studio Gaijin's work from 2001 to 2005, and the other one is RDS' AWA 11 CD.

I have duplicates of each, so if you all can't decide I can throw in one of my personal ones after making a copy for myself.

Edit:
NME: Needless to say you're DQ'ed anyway, as Kitsuner stated, because the other rule you missed was it had to be at least 2:30.
-SQ™
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby NMEisMIA » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:32 pm

The philistine comment still stands.
NMEisMIA

Postby SQ » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:35 pm

-cough- Yeah, let me know how your star ratings/ops on that video go. ;)
-SQ™
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby NMEisMIA » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:46 pm

I don't expect anyone around here to understand my art.
NMEisMIA

Postby shamanchild » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:33 am

well if no one undestands ur art why are u still on this forum, why bother people with ur attitude. I see people like you all the time "oooo no one understands me i need attention". Be asserive not naive.

http://www.dueceproductions.pico.com[/quote]
being updated
shamanchild

Postby SQ » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:59 pm

Ooookay, since there doesn't seem to be any more contestants, there are two ways to learn of the winner.

The first is http://ziko.podomatic.com and listen to the Art of OSTs Vol. 3 -"That's SO 90's" (It's about ten or so minutes from the end, where I say the winner, and talk about the project)

OR, you can just read this:
It's TheUnlimited again. 0_o

It was a reeeally hard decision. I liked Kitsuner's because it was actually on-time, and had a good story, used different footage, and while it may have been footage I didn't particularly like, he made me like it for his video.

While Kitsuner's video focused mainly on lyrical synch, TheUnlimited was action synch. I'm a sucker for action synch, but his also had a good story, and one I could understand easier(for whatever reason; I don't know why - I've watched both anime only once).

The only thing I didn't like about his video was the piano-key like effects. He did that in his last TRWYP video, and now it just seems like he does it in all of them. (I don't know if you do, I haven't watched AMVs in general from anybody since AWA).

It was a hard decision, I wanted you both to win for various reasons, but since this contest is not won by something in particular, like synch, and only by "I liked it the most", that was the choice. ;_;

Thusly stated, what's going on with the DVDs, and do you want the IDE cable and/or screws with the DVD-Rom drive?

First place needs to tell me what to do with the money, and 2nd needs to give me their address.

[I also changed my mind on the Atomic Fireballs idea - I'm going to sit on it for a year :x]
-SQ™
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby Unlimited Rice » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:14 pm

woah.. yeah this really did seem close...

well kitsuner, it was fun this time actually having a competitor this time :) you're video's still cool

SQ wrote:First place needs to tell me what to do with the money, and 2nd needs to give me their address.

Oh no! you still have my address from last time??? :shock: she still knows where I live :x

lol j/k

iono, remember last time? well I never got to finish Last Exile, but i've been eyeing the thinpak for it though

SQ wrote:Thusly stated, what's going on with the DVDs, and do you want the IDE cable and/or screws with the DVD-Rom drive?

iono, i guess I'll pick........... the..... RDS dvd i guess
Unlimited Rice

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests