TRWYP IS BACK! (win $100!)[deadline: March 7]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

TRWYP IS BACK! (win $100!)[deadline: March 7]

Post by SQ » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:27 pm

Team Rocket Wants You Project
It's twisted, it's fucked up.. It's BACK!
godix wrote: What the hell did I just watch?
-----
More importantly, why in the hell did you make it?
SSJVegita0609 wrote:Well, in all frankness, my first reaction after watching this was quite literally to yell "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?" However, I can't deny the fact that it's an extremely well done vid in all technical senses.
SSJVegita0609 wrote:Watching this video twice made me die a little on the inside. I feel like there's a specific part of my dignity that I will never be able to recover. Seriously, sitting through these three and a half or so minutes is the equivalent of slow torture. I'd sacrifice a finger to ensure that I would NEVER have to watch this again.
Coffee 54 wrote:That is so wrong...

I'm gonna watch it again. :D
It started early 2004. Editors clamored together, threw up, and quit. One person finished and won by default.

That still doesn't stop me from making another one with a better prize.
Another one with a harder song.
Another one that is so demented it'll have you going "Is it really worth the money?"

You, Not-yet-professional editor and/or hobbyist. Yes, you. Squint really hard at this.

I am giving you $100(USD) to make a video with the song of my choice.

I am commissioning you, sir friend. Fuck up your brain for me. GO. DO IT.

For those who are new, or have no idea what I am talking about, TRWYP is not a project. It is a contest.
I give you one majorly fucked up song from the Pokemon OST - Last time it was "Double Trouble(Team Rocket)" - and you make it. You lose, you lose. You win, you get one hundred bucks to spend however you like. Donate it to the org, make me your bitch to buy something from online, make me send you a money order.

This year's theme is: SERIOUS
Okay, so it's the same as last time's.
However, in TRWYP v1.0, Serious was only preferred. Now it is a requirement.

This year's song is: Pokemon(Dance Mix)
Indirect links in .rar archives:
~4mb mp3(for listening) |~30mb .wav(for editing)
--------------

RULES:
- The video you make cannot be a comedy/parody
- The video must have a serious-theme
- The video cannot be NC-17 or higher (rated)
- The anime must be owned by you, not downloaded illegally; no fansubs
- No Bobo-bo (sorry, Add)
- You CAN have video games or cartoons, but no live-action
- It doesn't have to be just one video source
- You have to have some type of source (No ErMaC DDR AMVs)
- You must use the song I supply, you can edit it's length to no shorther than two minutes thirty seconds, you cannot add any other music/sounds to the music I provide
- If you win, you can buy whatever you want with the money I give you through me or I give you a money order. (I will not buy things rated above NC-17)
- If you do edit the song, it must have at least one instance of "Pokemon" in the song that is comprehensible.

PRIZES:
1st Place: 100 USD (last year it was only 50, ha)
2nd Place: Mad Dog 24x DVD-Rom
3rd Place: RDS 2005 AWA DVD + Studio Gaijin's '04-'05 AWA DVD(somehow I got two of both of these 0o)
Participated: Up to five gmail invites. (As long as I don't get over 60 people competing, this should be fine)

DEADLINE:
MARCH 7, 2006

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
You must SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD OMG.
Everything is posted in this thread; there will be no email updates.
I will not contact you personally unless I feel I have to.
This is my money you're winning, if you don't dedicate your time in trying to win it, or pay attention to this thread, then I'm not going to go out of my way to give you my money. Deal with it.
Most people offer a certain boxset for their contests, or a specific item as a prize, I am offering you whatever you want in a certain pricerange, so I think I can have a little more leeway as to contacting you.

Other information will be given out upon request.

FAQ

Q: Can I remix the song?
A: Yes, as long as I can hear "Pokemon" at least once.

Q: Can I have my studio bumper in the video?
A: Yes. I'm judging by what I like best, it's not blind or anything.

Q: Can I upload it somewhere and show it off before the deadline?
A: Yes. Just make sure you give me the link so I know you finished.

Q: I'm really stuck. I want to end the song early, but I really suck at audio editing. Can I just cut it off?
A: Audio editing, since even I suck at it, is not really judged. It's just the video content and how well it flows with what you did. So if you fade out or cut it off, that's fine, and it won't count against you. Just make sure it's AT LEAST 2 minutes and 30 seconds long.

Q: Will you beta test my videos? You know, since it's your contest and I really really want to win?
A: Normally I'd say yes, but I'm going through a really busy time right now. If you can get a hold of me at a time when I can actually DO it, then I'll try and help you. I will NOT say "i like/ do not like this" or comment on the story. I'll just tell you technical points related to synch.
If you do really really want me to beta test it, email me a .wmv file that is 20mb or less. It won't be instantaneous, but I can get around to it that way.
Otherwise, just read my guide on action synch. That's basically where I stand on all of it.

Q: OK, I'm putting my video in the database. Who should I put for the artist of the song?
A: Pokemon 2.B.A. Master OST or Siegler & Loeffler. Yes, the title of the song really is "Pokemon(Dance Mix)". XP Siegler & Loeffler are two different artists who I guess collaborated on this song. The booklet itself just says "Siegler/Loeffler". Otherwise, here's all the information on the song, and you can decide who to put it under:
Lead Vocal: Vicki Sue Robinson
BG Vocals: Russel Velazquez, John Loeffler, Louis Cortelessi, Ken Cummings, Vicki Sue Robinson, Curtis King.
Guitar: Larry Saltzman
Congas: Premananda Johannes
Co-produced and arranged by: John Siegler.

----------------

LINK ME UP!

Code: Select all

[url=http://snipurl.com/gp4y][img]http://snipurl.com/hkfy[/img][/url]

Code: Select all

[url=http://snipurl.com/gp4y][img]http://snipurl.com/lwhm[/img][/url]
Last edited by SQ on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:48 pm, edited 26 times in total.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:28 pm

NEWS
mm/dd/yy - news

1/24/06 - Added FAQ and a list of those who've finished their video(s). View your competition! Also new, less-intrusive banner. Please sport. <3
1/23/05 - In order to get more entries than just one I've extended the deadlin from 1/25 to 3/5. Have fun. New wav download link.
1/1/06 - new mp3 and wav links. mp3 link is in first post, wav link is on last post since the one in the first post still works(for now).
12/7/05 - New mp3 link for download. Its not a bitchy encode this time, too (128kb/s) new wav link also. Enjoy the less-invasive ads and new site. =p
10/11/05 - 3rd Prize is/are an RDS DVD and a Studio Gaijin DVD. These are the final listed prizes, everything said here is now FINAL!
9/27/05 - Fixed deadline and prizes, added a rule about the instance of the word "pokemon". Fixed date for contest start. Uploading music today.
9/9/05 - The DVD-Rom DOES work, so it will be the second prize once and for all. Fixed the banner.
7/5/05 - 1st prize lowered to 100 USD, 2nd prize a tentative DVD-Rom, added desperately needed disclaimer.
7/1/05 - made the thread. :O

ENTRIES IN ALREADY
Fear these people. For they have entered, finished, and have wrecked their brains.

They are also motivated individuals who finished before the deadline. =)

1. Kitsuner's "Push Your Limits"
2. TheUnlimited's "Teenage Conflict" (.org is being stupid, can't link)
Last edited by SQ on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 16 times in total.
StandardQuip

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:35 pm

Pokémon Dance Mix? lol that's my favorite song in the OST. aside from the pokérap..

hm.. hopefully you might be able to get more entries this time. cause that song's less of a torture than the Team Rocket Theme was.. :lol:
Last edited by Unlimited Rice on Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:37 pm

I have you know I had a hard time picking between those two.

I wanted you all to suffer.
But at the same time, I didn't want to suffer too much.

I'll leave PokeRap for when you guys don't have to make a serious video. ;)
(Dance mix is my favorite, too)
StandardQuip

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:39 pm

so... am I allowed to join this contest too? or am I disqualified b/c i won last year..

(lol.. just taking a chance so if I end up winning by default again.. you can buy me the rest Last Exile.... :lol:)

SQ wrote:I'll leave PokeRap for when you guys don't have to make a serious video. ;)
I actually thought about a Pokérap video once.. but then to find them characters to match.. :roll:

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:44 pm

Pfft. Just draw your own pokemon on crack or something.

Actually, now that I think about it, Sailor moon and the sailor scouts would probably work.
Or saint Seiya, Digimon, Megaman, Monster Rancher, Saiyuki...

Edit: Yes you can join. I was actually looking forward to it. Your last video was really good, despite being the only one in the contest :lol:
StandardQuip

Osakaness
Org Profile

Post by Osakaness » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:57 pm

Me want join :P

mikestrife
Org Profile

Post by mikestrife » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:33 pm

I'm all about this! I'll watch the thread for updates.

Radman
Org Profile

I might...

Post by Radman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:23 am

I might just be idiotic enough to make this work!...or my brother might (::points finger::)
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it

fizzucker
Location: At home doing the first 10% of an AMV, then losing the idea alltogether.
Org Profile

Post by fizzucker » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:29 am

I think I can do this (debates between whether to use Lain, Samuria X, or Trigun).

Do we just post the link via the org or E-mail you a seperate source?

Return to “AMV Contests”