1st Kinsin Challenge -$20 Prize

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

1st Kinsin Challenge -$20 Prize

Postby KinsinEriksin » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:33 pm

Thank you for reading this post. My first challenge to all you. You have 1 month to make a Neon Genesis Evangelion vid using Local H's Hands on the bible. The only requirements are no .wmv, .rm, and .mov files. All entries will be judged by myself and a select few of my associates. You will have one month from tomorrow to submit your entry to me. The winner will be notified first by email, then a post will be made on this board. Now for a little history...

After trying for so long to make one of my own, and realizing I lacked footage, time, and patience to do so, I have decided to let those of you who have the talent make this Video. Try to do your best, remember timing is key, appropriate footage is a must, and I do so love it when the video quality is superb, but I will not judge on the quality (unless it's so horrible im not sure whether Im looking at Shinji or Pen-Pen).

Good luck to you all, and I assure this is not a scam, I will pay up, but please, PLEASE don't submit a vid that you're own mother would be ashamed of.

-Kinsin
KinsinEriksin

Follow up

Postby KinsinEriksin » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:36 pm

As a follow up, and something I forgot to post, please post in here if you plan on entering, that way I get a good sense of how many entries there will be, and if you could provide your own hosting that would be great, if not I think I can work something out with you.
KinsinEriksin

Postby Koopiskeva » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:39 pm

hmmm... 20 bucks ey... I dunno.. i think i'd feel like a whore doing this :\
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

Postby Rozard » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:44 pm

No offense, but do you honestly think people are going to go out of their way and make a video to that song for $20?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby KinsinEriksin » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:51 pm

*shrug* Hey $20 is $20, considering most vid makers do it for free, it's a little something to give back to them. Plus if it's something you love doing and might end up doing anyway, why not just throw your hat in for a cool 20?
KinsinEriksin

Postby Koopiskeva » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:05 am

either way, i don't think you're giving people enough time to make the video, i mean, most people probably won't even come across this thread for awhile, and even if they do, it takes time to figure out the concept for the video, prepping to make it, etc...
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

Postby The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:38 am

True, look back at the thread for how long it takes oen to make an AMV. Generally it's at least a couple months or more from conception to product. the only video I ever completed in under one month's time is when I took the Z Mind ad and just overlayed the Gekiganger III theme over it. And that's because I was bored.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby KinsinEriksin » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:07 am

So, let's say I extend the deadline to three months? And how about I up the prize then to $100? Sound good? :?: Ok 3 Months! $100! Get to work people!
KinsinEriksin

Postby RichLather » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:42 pm

What happens to the videos after they're done? Is the winner displayed/hosted somewhere?
RichLather

Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org

Postby KinsinEriksin » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:25 pm

The winner will be posted here, and I will host the video on my file server.
KinsinEriksin

Really

Postby anneke » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:32 pm

Now you've moved into the unbelievable. I would believe someone paying $20 for a vid, but not $100.

AMVs take so much time, that they tend to be rather personal, so we tend to like to make videos we like/want/enjoy. Giving people a series and song you want used makes the video no longer fun or something we want to do, but more like a job, or a homework assignment.

My opinion. Then I don't like Eva and thus don't have the footage, so can't make such a video.

Anneke
anneke

Postby mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:51 pm

KinsinEriksin wrote:So, let's say I extend the deadline to three months? And how about I up the prize then to $100? Sound good? :?: Ok 3 Months! $100! Get to work people!

Hmmm...100 bucks eh? How exactly would we recieve this payment and how would we know you won't stiff us after your grab our vids? :lol:
mexicanjunior

Postby KinsinEriksin » Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:20 pm

Payment Via PayPal or Money Order. And as to the question of whether I will pay or not, I guess there is no real way to prove it to you so it will have to be out of good faith I guess. But if all this is going to be a bother to you I could just retract the challenge...
KinsinEriksin

Postby mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:22 pm

KinsinEriksin wrote: But if all this is going to be a bother to you I could just retract the challenge...

LOL! Your contest...your call. :lol:
mexicanjunior

Postby The Non-Professional » Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:31 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:hmmm... 20 bucks ey... I dunno.. i think i'd feel like a whore doing this :\

wheres the consumer whore pic when you need it... :arrow:
The Non-Professional

Next

Return to AMV Contests