SEELE Council Spring 2005 Iron Chef of Doom Signups

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
greenjinjo
Org Profile

SEELE Council Spring 2005 Iron Chef of Doom Signups

Post by greenjinjo » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:16 am

It's that time of the year, another SEELE Council contest :P

This thread is for actual signups. I'm looking for about two more judges and around 16 participants, though the more the better. Here's the official site for the contest (on my brand spankin new website, most of the links don't work yet) - http://www.greenjinjo.com/contest.html

For your viewing pleasure (and because my server sucks right now), I've copy and pasted the rules below.

-----------------------

Welcome to the SEELE Council Iron Chef of Doom page! Glad you had the courage to see what this was all about! Unlike last season's SEELE Council AMV Contest Extravaganza which followed the normal procedure for an online AMV contest, this season's contest will be set up in an Iron Chef format. However, it's not just any type of Iron Chef! For this Iron Chef, the editors will need to use their most vivid sense of imagination. Why? Because the songs chosen for the contest will not be your average songs! Songs will be chosen from an arsenal of the weird, wacky, and wonderful, in other words, anything under the sun. So what's the point of an Iron Chef created for the sole reason of torturing the poor contestants with these songs? To spark some creativity, that's what!

Rules

1) We're looking for around 16 editors to compete in this Iron Chef Contest. If there are more or less than 16 interested, then we'll work around this, but 16 is the target number. This is the optimum number for a bracket-style tournament.

2) All songs will be chosen by myself, Greenjinjo. Songs will range from 1+ minutes in length.

3) We're looking for quality, not quantity. However, the final video should be at least 45 - 60 seconds in length.

4) Editors will have a total of 3 hours to start, finish, and compress their videos. Any anime source may be used (though no subs and no hentai would be preferable), and prior preparation of source materials (ripping, avs files, filters, etc) is allowed.

5) All interested editors must have AOL Instant Messenger, as this will be the primary means of communication during the Iron Chef.

6) Editors will be given one week after the announcement of the pairings with which to contact their opponent, arrange a three-hour time block with in which the Iron Chef will take place, notify and get the approval of this time from the Iron Chef Coordinator (that's me, Greenjinjo), and to hold the Iron Chef.

7) Both editors and either myself or another appointed judge must all be online during the three hour time block chosen for the Iron Chef.

8) Warnings will be given by the judge to the participants at 1 Hour Remaining and 15 Minutes Remaining.

9) At the end of the three hour time block, editing must stop, and the contestants will send their compressed video file to the judge. Compression is allotted into the three hour block, no extra time will be given for compression, and the video must be reasonable compressed (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DivX, or XviD).

10) The judge's decision on a winner is final.

11) Have fun!

------------

1st Round: Feb 14 - 20
2nd Round: Feb 21 - 27
Final Round: Feb 28 - Mar 6

------------

Last edited by greenjinjo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:03 am, edited 9 times in total.
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

nokedimyo
Org Profile

Contestant

Post by nokedimyo » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:44 pm

I will participate in your contest and attain the title of Iron Chef!!! muahahahahahahahahahahahaha (as long as I have compteition)

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:45 pm

Im in, wheres my fiest victim

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:34 pm

Awesome, we've got two, just need 14 more :P
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:34 pm

hmmmm i might have to enter this...
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:38 pm

Yeah, you might have to :P

Well so far there are 4 hopefuls, I'll go ahead and call it a go if we get at least 4 more, but 16 would still be preferable.
Check out my deviantART!

staces
Org Profile

Post by staces » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:02 am

Do you have to be an AOL user to download AOL instant messenger? :( Because if it's free I'd happily download it to participate in the contest.

Brsrk
Org Profile

Post by Brsrk » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:09 am

staces wrote:Do you have to be an AOL user to download AOL instant messenger? :( Because if it's free I'd happily download it to participate in the contest.
No you don't. That's the wonder of AIM!

I'd be interested in this, but I need to find out when it is first. Damn rotating work schedule
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:14 pm

@ staces: http://www.aim.com Completely free. The only reason I say you have to have it to be in the contest is because it will make communicating SO much easier :P

@ BrsrkEva: I'm looking to hopefully start it off sometime early to mid-February. I'll try to get more concrete dates after I have a more concrete number of people interested :P But it will more than likely begin around mid-February.

Alright, we have 6 interested, 2 or 10 to go :P
Check out my deviantART!

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Re: SEELE Council Spring 2005 Iron Chef of Doom Signups

Post by Toji Fujawara » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:54 pm

greenjinjo wrote:
9) At the end of the three hour time block, editing must stop, and the contestants will send their compressed video file to the judge. Compression is allotted into the three hour block, no extra time will be given for compression, and the video must be reasonable compressed (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DivX, or XviD).
ummmm yeah...this is the only thing keeping me from entering it in full force or rather to get my ass handed to me in the contest.

Ok ill explain
All i have to edit on is my laptop. Not only is it faster than the desktop in my household it has more space and well damnit i just like it better. With this comes the problem. Its not that fast on exporting and encoding a video. In fact to do a encode of my videos of (using avs scripts for post processing) it can sometimes take in excess of 3 hours depending on what i have the script doing. Exporting a vid is not the quckest thing either. So to cut this down i would virtuly have (if im lucky) 1 hour and 30 mins of editing time beign ill most likely just use what ever the hell is on my hdd at that time to make it easyer to get the clips and such.

alright im done complaining

oh and before you say get a new desktop or something like that...

1)My room is the size of a damn jail cell no wait i think the jail cell is bigger
2) Im in collegge...collegge = no extra money
3) even with out collegge im still dirt poor.
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

Return to “AMV Contests”