Anime Expo AMV Competition Results

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby SpPANDA » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:31 pm

i robbed the comedy video from the action catagory... :shock:

¬_¬
SpPANDA

Re: Good gravy

Postby Machine » Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:02 am

Songblade wrote:AX is movin' to the Anaheim Convention Center next year x.o I think everyone was just too rowdy, and I'll bet the behavior at the AMV contest helped that out.

Just wait......AX will get what's coming to it.
:twisted:
Machine

Postby SpPANDA » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:49 am

mmm... revenge... so good...
SpPANDA

Postby EvilVegettoZ » Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:16 am

lol.....I just PRAY that AX will be better next year....that was just a SAD contest....
EvilVegettoZ

Postby SpPANDA » Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:00 am

[prays]

yeah... at least the panel will be full of goodlooking guys...

¬_¬
SpPANDA

Postby EvilVegettoZ » Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:07 am

lol..Yup Yup...Got You....Me....What else do you need besides that?....=P
EvilVegettoZ

Postby SpPANDA » Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:08 am

O_o

i'll be there...

for the hot mommas.

mm...

women..

i hear they go crazy over panel guys.
[bwa ha has]
SpPANDA

Silent

Postby anneke » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:11 am

Someone mentioning not understanding the Silent Luciedity video. I thought the message was very clear. As in most Magical Girl series the Hero has a group of friends who support her and help her with what she was doing. The video was about how these people would help and watch over Sakura, which is what they do in the series. It takes some knowledge of the series, but also just a general knowledge of the typical format Animes are in.

Anneke
anneke

Postby SpPANDA » Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:35 pm

YES!... it does.

[cries due to confusion]
SpPANDA

Postby Arekuru » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:39 pm

The only thing is, I <i>have</i> seen every episode of CCS, and enjoyed them very much. But it still felt disjointed to me, and multiple people lip-syncing to the same voice never feels quite right.
Arekuru

Postby MonkeyGoD » Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:33 pm

That was exactly how i felt about the lip syncing too. I beg to differ w/ the astounding editing part. The morphing effect was neat and all and was the only thing that was notable to me. But im sure most of us could have done it if we thought of using all her transformation sequences.

The rest of the vid was pretty much regular cuts and fades from what i could remember. While the video may have had a good point to it, i dont think it came across very well. And I felt that it won mainly for the song/cuteness factor.

To tell u the truth, i wouldnt be so critical on this video if "Frozen" had won, which i felt it should have. The editing and pacing was very good. My only complaint on that vid was the effects. While they looked very nice, they were used repeatedly and were taken literally from the lyrics (like parts of the song where it goes "frozen" and "broken").
MonkeyGoD

Postby SpPANDA » Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:56 pm

i think... "because she..." should have won.

and was more deserving.

¬_¬
SpPANDA

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:57 pm

I still think the esca video should have won drama.... Enigma and Because She were pretty awesome too...
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby EvilVegettoZ » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:06 pm

I feel loved.....People actually think I was robbed of drama...=D...lol....I don't care really that much though...Although I don't think the CCS video should of won drama AT ALL...It was a good video...But there was nothing special about it in my mind.....I'm just wondering...The video didn't give you a sad type feeling to it....I don't understand how it could win...Also with the lip syncing and all...I mean it's a drama category...I put my time into making Enigma from a artistic stand and made sure that it had a story and got to most people....Even if it didn't people could understand the emotion that was used......Ohhh well...Too late now...
EvilVegettoZ

Re: Good gravy

Postby neo eva » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:25 pm

Songblade wrote:AX is movin' to the Anaheim Convention Center next year x.o I think everyone was just too rowdy, and I'll bet the behavior at the AMV contest helped that out.

I forget, though, if the ACC is near Disneyland. If it is... ooooohhhhh hell XD I remember the Disneyland con! Every Disney staffer was ashamed of the anime folks, though they're ripping all anime off in their "new" movies.

Buggernuts >.< Fuckin' Disney!

Actually, there is a new and BIGGER convention center (It's HUGE, you can hold, like, 5 conventions in there at once; its, like, 5 times the size of the long beach CC) in Anaheim. There are about 4 or 5 hotels surrounding it (no more long walks...YAY!!) and the best part.....It's nowhere near Disneyland!! (and I've been inside it....there doesn't appear to be any sign of control by Disney....)
neo eva

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests