Anime Expo AMV Competition Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:09 pm

Mag Launcher wrote:
SpPANDA wrote:In conclusion, AX was whack. but the upside to it was getting to spend it with my neice and hearing her say "yeah, tio, you won!" and cute little 4 year old stuff. awwwww...

adorable.
Lol, that sounds like me. My niece is also 4 but she doesn't say "tio". And I wouldn't take her to ax with me. >:P
it was cool. the whole time there she really wanted a picture of pikachu.
awwwwwwwwww

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:09 pm

Ashton wrote:This is a little strange to me. I am Stephen Cilley, and I haven't seen a single thing about my video "Lies". Nobody has said a word about it being good or bad... it's just there.... on the listings... where everyone ignored it. Does anyone feel like telling me how they felt about it (I would apreciate something). If no one seems to remember that's fine too.
what did it look like?

i forgot. -_-

Kalean
Org Profile

AMV Drama category

Post by Kalean » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:26 pm

*Waves* sounds like the AMV contest was exceptionally harsh. My drama video didn't make it there due to .. technical difficulties.. to put it mildly. But then again for all I know the others were better. I've only seen Enigma off the list currently, I plan on watching the others. I'm glad I didn't go though, because I only would've had time for 1 day, and that would've been the anime music video contest that was postponed, and I would have been screwed -.-;; Sounds like AX went downhill this year. I know they've got a lot of work they're doing, and actual normal jobs too, but if it's this hard, they should just get their company to pay professionals to do this stuff :P Oh well. Rant is over.. Sorry they screwed you over, Evil boy. Enigma is a very artistic video.. but you HAVE kind of been pimping it from what I hear ^^ I hear this makes .. 8 conventions now? Forgive me if that's not true, or even if it is ^^ I'm sure you've won a few with it by now, or should have. Just move on and make an even better video and send it out to all the cons you know of. *waves* Ja ne.

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:25 pm

Yo Kalean, been a while eh?
CYRAX - Visit my site at <a href="http://maglauncher.net">http://maglauncher.net</a>

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:22 pm

does this mean i have to sit on that panel next year? :shock:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:24 pm

SpPANDA wrote:does this mean i have to sit on that panel next year? :shock:
Hehe, I can't wait to see you and EvilVegettoZ on it :P
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:31 pm

itd be dope...

i'll hand out smores.

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:37 pm

What do people do "on the panel"? I always hear stuff about guest panels and amv panels and judge panels. What do they do?
CYRAX - Visit my site at <a href="http://maglauncher.net">http://maglauncher.net</a>

Raynovac
Org Profile

Quick Ques

Post by Raynovac » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:55 pm

I have a question for everyone. Did anyone have problems getting their tickets to the AMV contest? I did. Since I wanted to go to the concert for Yoko Ishida, since I love her music, I neede to go to the con ops area to pick up my tickets. They checked a list of names and they couldn't find my name or my video on the list. I was wondering "wtf." I had to go to Brian and he couldn't find my either. Then he checked the submissions list because I know I sent it before the deadline. He found my name there but still didnt give me my tickets. He said he was really busy right then and would look into it later. So after the concert I went back to him in the con ops area and talk to him again. He totally forgot about me and I had to re-explain the situation. Then he remembers and instead of telling me what went wrong, he just gives me the tickets. Then later whle waiting the long a$$ time, I can to the conclusion that they didnt even LOOK at my video. Thats why I was on the submision list but not the actual list of creators. I talk to my friends in my anime club and they that my video is better than a few videos in the catagory that I submited my video to. I'm still entering another video next year but my respect in the AX contest dropped really low. Tell me if anyone else had this problem.

P.S. hey EvilVegettoZ. If you live in the Woodland Hills area, then come to CSUN Anime club or check out our website at www.csunanime.com

jescaflowne
Org Profile

Post by jescaflowne » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:23 pm

Well, despite what a cluster fuck the amv contest was I still had a good time. The convention didn't hold a candle to AX's gone by, but it's nice when you're with friends who can make the best out of any situation.
I was actually on the balcony near the guy who threw the infamous screen piercing paper airplane. He had a running start and tossed it really hard. When it hit the screen I think he was kind of shocked, then turned around and hauled ass out of the theatre. LOL
I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who cheered for my video, it made me all warm and fuzzy inside :D I have to agree that the comedy category was a bit weak compared to last year. If it had been up against the magnitude of last years entries I doubt it would have been in the top two. Never-the-less, I couldn't have asked for better feedback.
Congratulations to all the winners, they deserved it!

-jessa

Return to “AMV Contests”