"LIVE IN '05" contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Khameleon808
Org Profile

"LIVE IN '05" contest

Post by Khameleon808 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:26 pm

Greetings

To Celebrate this new year , I am conducting a Live Action music video contest Called "LIVE IN '05" , catagories will be subjecated according to your taste ranging from action , comedy , drama , and horror. its up to you.

The first place winner will recieve a Philips DVP642 DivX-Certified Progressive-Scan DVD Player , The perfect companion to the avid amv'r whether you watch them or edit them. its great for standalone playback without the hassle of having to do a bunch of encoding and authoring , i have 2 myself. Runner ups wll recieve media such as DVDR/RW and CDR/rw depending on your system. specs on the player can be found here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... =tech-data

REquirements: Must be live action , duh. Filesize: really i dont care as long as its reasonable , no 300mb vids unless you work for Imax or some shit ;) File format : frankly here i dont care either as long as if its something not widely used that you notify us and inform us where to acquire it. source footage: again , its up to you. the cleaner the better.

Deadline: may 8th ( reason for a later date is in case any of you are in the middle of a project or just started one ,or have enough on your plate for right now) If we feel that we have enough entries we might alter the deadline date but we wanna give people a chance and time to do a good job.
If you have never edited with live action and need a break from anime vids , I recommend you give it a shot !! Especially if any of you are struggling to come up with a good concept for an amv at the moment , it might be a good break from the stress.

people with no hosting , your vids can be hosted temporarily at www.yousendit.com for 7 days or until 25 downloads , which should be plenty for the judges to recieve them. You can host up to 1gb on there!!!

winners also have the option to have their master copy put on a promo dvd for widowmaker productions' contests

If this sounds like something your interested in, by all means take part.
If this contest is somewhat of a success then our next contest will have better prizes such as dual layer dvd burners and video cards .

Best of luck to everyone
Last edited by Khameleon808 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:27 pm

I'll personally send a fatal (physical) mail-bomb to the OP that locks this thread. This site looks down on live-action videos FAR too much.

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:28 pm

Lmao . oh by the way , this player does play xvid , i forgot to mention that

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:30 pm

requiett wrote:I'll personally send a fatal (physical) mail-bomb to the OP that locks this thread. This site looks down on live-action videos FAR too much.
It's not that live-action videos are looked down upon here.
It's that putting live-action videos HERE is looked down upon here.

There are other communities for live-action videos. This one's for anime videos.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:31 pm

Yea so to be sure that it doesnt piss people off. DONT LIST the live action vids in your amvorg catalog

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:41 pm

Consider it considered.
There are other communities for live-action videos. This one's for anime videos.
And this contest is for people in an anime video community who want to take a break and try their hand at live action editing. I think it's a good idea.

HACK YUJI
Org Profile

Post by HACK YUJI » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:52 pm

Shit dude kham nicely said man this is the first thread thats had my interest in a long time it seems like a good idea

Hmm im gonna dew it

ok
I call Next Friday to You can do it by ice cube

Good luck ya'll *goes to rip next friday*

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:55 pm

Tab. wrote:
And this contest is for people in an anime video community who want to take a break and try their hand at live action editing. I think it's a good idea.
Well, that comment was directed more at Requiett than at Khameleon.

I personally have no problem with it (I wasn't planning to enter), but I'm just wondering whether the mods will appreciate it.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ifihadaninja
Org Profile

Post by ifihadaninja » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:56 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Tab. wrote:
Well, that comment was directed more at Requiett than at Khameleon.

I personally have no problem with it (I wasn't planning to enter), but I'm just wondering whether the mods will appreciate it.
i dont see why not, they could probably understand.

as for me, you can count me in. ive been wanting to try my hand at a live action video, so i guess ill start with a contest.....and a little motivation.

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:59 pm

AD seemed cool with it

Absolut3Destiny (12:41:49 PM): well I'm not sure that everyone will agree that it's a good use of the forums, but the contest is interesting
Absolut3Destiny (12:41:57 PM): I'll probably enter the video I'm working on now

Return to “AMV Contests”