AWA 8 Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
anneke
Org Profile

Expo Winners?

Post by anneke » Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:22 am

Here is the list of Expo winners I could get out of the list so far:

Award title I forget name of: Scatman with DBZ Footage
Best Trailer: Spiderman trailer with footage of Love Hina and Eva
Artistic Endeavor: I forget the song, but it had Hellsing and actually included scenes from the Manga (kickass editing, by the way).
Best Introspective: Everybody's Free (To Watch Anime)
Best Comedy: Ranma 1/2 to a song from the Muppets
Best Action: Evangelion, The Lady's Got Potential
Best Video: Shameless Rock Video
Best Romance: An Utena video by DMRA.
Best Fight..."Smash Bitches"

Anyone remember anything else?

dji
Org Profile

Post by dji » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:21 pm

Nightowl wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:Hmm...I must be not recieving all the e-mails from the list. Anyway, as for the results, I agree with them for the most part. I think everyone of those videos deserved their respective award save for one. The only one on teh list I dont like is Engel to Trigun video, I didn't think it was very good personally but oh well. At least I agree with everything else.

Good to know I have fans.

-N
Nate: hehe.. bunny gurl :D ..but Bunny-Triumph rulez tooo!
"12 out of 10 crazy bald guys luv my new avatar!"

tetsuo_2004
Org Profile

Post by tetsuo_2004 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:33 pm

I can't believe the amount of amv creator's names that are popping up at at best this and that - I've hardly heard of any of them :?

....and all this time i thought noone was paying attention to people without big names.... seems I'm the only one. Never fear, I'll manage to get some vids in to cons, then you'll see....muahahaha*cough, plutter*

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:12 pm

To add to the lists above there were also some guest awards at the closing ceremony. I don't recall all of the people who gave the awards but videos that won something were:

Hsien's Sappy Self Indulgence
Anneke's Kenshin oav2 video from the pro contest
the Careless Whisper vid from Pro
the TomServo3k video Trouser Snake won something too I think
ack that's all I remember.

Oh, and the Totoro video from masters won crowd favourite IIRC

Anyway, there were tons and tons of great videos at awa. Seriously, everyone was a winner this year even if they didn't get awards. There was some really great stuff.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:23 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:To add to the lists above there were also some guest awards at the closing ceremony. I don't recall all of the people who gave the awards but videos that won something were:
Ah, last year they did VAT guest awards during Iron Chef, I believe. Mine would have gone to Jason Salce's Amelie-WotH video. A good video if you haven't seen Amelie, a phenomenal video if you have.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

melezov
Org Profile

Hello AWA

Post by melezov » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:00 pm

anneke wrote:
"Artistic Endeavor: I forget the song, but it had Hellsing and actually included scenes from the Manga (kickass editing, by the way)."

I still cannot believe I won that... My hands are still shaking..

That German band's name was "E Nomine" and the song is "Vater Unser (Radio Edit)"

It was the second AMV I ever made.. and I truly didn't believe it will get this far.. This is a dream come true...

gambitt wrote:
"I dunno, that Croatian Initial D video got heavy play as well. It was
Croatian, right?"

If the AMV had lyrics "I'm slightly deranged" then the Footage used wasn't "Initial D" but "Excel Saga" the bands name is "The Beat Fleet"...
It's just that there aren't much Croatian AMVs out there.. could it be that people liked it?

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:10 pm

Best Introspective o_O Is that fancy for honorable mention hehe. I'm glad I won something, I only got to enter cuz they extended the online submissions a week.

anneke
Org Profile

What the?!

Post by anneke » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:57 pm

My video, For Kaoru won something or atleast was acknowledged, wow.
Thanks for letting me know. I guess I better go back and clean it up some, as I really put that video together very quickly (and it has several flaws for the technically minded people out there). It was a quick labor of love. It's just a character profile. I figured if I was going to be acknowledged for anything I would have been acknowledged for 'Most Yaoi videos submited'. <Grin> As I sent 3 of my 4 Yaoi videos to the convention. hehehe.

Anneke

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:07 pm

Wow. I cant believe Smash Bitches won Best Fight. Guess it was a good thing I submitted it, I wasn't even going to.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:18 pm

And how about the "mature" contest? :twisted:
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Return to “AMV Contests”