Mindwarp Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
alternatefutures
Org Profile

Mindwarp Contest

Post by alternatefutures » Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:37 pm

Just my luck, I post a question about the contest just before the site changed and deleted the posts.

Alright, just for the record, I am not challenging any of the results, I am simply curioous is all. Did the judges for the contest know that the 3DCG in my video, "Light of Day", was an original work done for the video? Not saying AD's video should not have won, it's a damn good video and has a ton more merit than a certain other FLCL vid I lost to which shall remain nameless. I'm simply curious as to how informed the judges are when they preside over the videos (that and I've had some reviews written that thought the CG was originally in the series, so what can I say, I'm suspicious ^_^)

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:57 pm

ehh...I have my gripes with the way the contest was run myself but just let it go, the winners will just twist your words around and call you a sore loser.

I respect the decisions, I do not agree with them. I speak only for the honorable mention for the comedy (which was not comedy), the horror category and the action category.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:26 am

TokyoU15 wrote:ehh...I have my gripes with the way the contest was run myself
How exactly? I mean, they had 6 judges that sat through one day and said if they liked a video. If one judge did it went on to the 2nd day. On the second day they voted on the faves.

It was a consistent, really - with the minor exception that some of the judges asked to abstain from seeing the adult vids - which I an understand.

The only real objection I can see is that you dont agree with the judges. Well, we know who they are so I think the best way around this is to... erm... not enter and set up your own contest?

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:35 am

Well, my only real gripe with how contests are run (in general) is the normal inclusion of judges who are new/inexperianced. For contests with real, honest to God judges they should not be trying to create a bite-sized popularity contest. If they want all walks of anime fans, then by all means, use ballots. But judges should understand what they're being asked to judge. Anyway, we're getting off topic here. And you see? AD didn't yell at me, he yelled at you! :P

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:36 am

How exactly?
I feel the horror category and teh action category winners where neither. Both are good vids, especially yours AD, I do not think it was action.....but that video really is a mixed bag so everybody has teh right to their own opinion.

.....and I AM runnin' my own AMV contest, www.senpaiproductions.com

and no, I dind't do this because of the MindWarp thing, I will still be entering all future MindWarp contests, but I have been wanting to run my own online contest for the longest, even before I knew MindWarp existed.
Lets get one thing straight, me and Carlos are good online buds, he respects my opinion on their contest and I respect their decisions, so I do NOT need someone else giving me shit for something not even CARLOS has a problem with. ^_^

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:26 pm

Are you guys done whining yet?

It's just a contest for fun guys. And liek I said it before....the judges are not inexpereinced.

Vito, Octavio, Milan, and Mia have all done all 3 MindWarp contests that we have held as well as myself.

Kristen was the only newcomer but she already knew what AMVs were.

Hhahaha, how many times do I gotta explain it to everyone? :lol:

And I'll say it again, 138 enteries is not cake walk :oops:

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:34 pm

I'm not whining.

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:43 pm

I certainly wasn't whining, and you didn't answer my question...

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:32 pm

Ok to answer the question, no I didn't not know that you made those graphics urself.

Mad props to your hard work :P

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:01 pm

Now, in my opinion, fooling the judges into thinking the effects were professionally done and an original part of the show is a lot better than winning an award. Thank you Machine.

Return to “AMV Contests”