Mindwarp Contest

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Mindwarp Contest

Postby alternatefutures » Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:37 pm

Just my luck, I post a question about the contest just before the site changed and deleted the posts.

Alright, just for the record, I am not challenging any of the results, I am simply curioous is all. Did the judges for the contest know that the 3DCG in my video, "Light of Day", was an original work done for the video? Not saying AD's video should not have won, it's a damn good video and has a ton more merit than a certain other FLCL vid I lost to which shall remain nameless. I'm simply curious as to how informed the judges are when they preside over the videos (that and I've had some reviews written that thought the CG was originally in the series, so what can I say, I'm suspicious ^_^)
alternatefutures

Postby TokyoU15 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:57 pm

ehh...I have my gripes with the way the contest was run myself but just let it go, the winners will just twist your words around and call you a sore loser.

I respect the decisions, I do not agree with them. I speak only for the honorable mention for the comedy (which was not comedy), the horror category and the action category.
TokyoU15

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:26 am

TokyoU15 wrote:ehh...I have my gripes with the way the contest was run myself

How exactly? I mean, they had 6 judges that sat through one day and said if they liked a video. If one judge did it went on to the 2nd day. On the second day they voted on the faves.

It was a consistent, really - with the minor exception that some of the judges asked to abstain from seeing the adult vids - which I an understand.

The only real objection I can see is that you dont agree with the judges. Well, we know who they are so I think the best way around this is to... erm... not enter and set up your own contest?
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby alternatefutures » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:35 am

Well, my only real gripe with how contests are run (in general) is the normal inclusion of judges who are new/inexperianced. For contests with real, honest to God judges they should not be trying to create a bite-sized popularity contest. If they want all walks of anime fans, then by all means, use ballots. But judges should understand what they're being asked to judge. Anyway, we're getting off topic here. And you see? AD didn't yell at me, he yelled at you! :P
alternatefutures

Postby TokyoU15 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:36 am

How exactly?

I feel the horror category and teh action category winners where neither. Both are good vids, especially yours AD, I do not think it was action.....but that video really is a mixed bag so everybody has teh right to their own opinion.

.....and I AM runnin' my own AMV contest, www.senpaiproductions.com

and no, I dind't do this because of the MindWarp thing, I will still be entering all future MindWarp contests, but I have been wanting to run my own online contest for the longest, even before I knew MindWarp existed.
Lets get one thing straight, me and Carlos are good online buds, he respects my opinion on their contest and I respect their decisions, so I do NOT need someone else giving me shit for something not even CARLOS has a problem with. ^_^
TokyoU15

Postby Machine » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:26 pm

Are you guys done whining yet?

It's just a contest for fun guys. And liek I said it before....the judges are not inexpereinced.

Vito, Octavio, Milan, and Mia have all done all 3 MindWarp contests that we have held as well as myself.

Kristen was the only newcomer but she already knew what AMVs were.

Hhahaha, how many times do I gotta explain it to everyone? :lol:

And I'll say it again, 138 enteries is not cake walk :oops:
Machine

Postby TokyoU15 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:34 pm

I'm not whining.
TokyoU15

Postby alternatefutures » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:43 pm

I certainly wasn't whining, and you didn't answer my question...
alternatefutures

Postby Machine » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:32 pm

Ok to answer the question, no I didn't not know that you made those graphics urself.

Mad props to your hard work :P
Machine

Postby alternatefutures » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:01 pm

Now, in my opinion, fooling the judges into thinking the effects were professionally done and an original part of the show is a lot better than winning an award. Thank you Machine.
alternatefutures

not complaining

Postby KenShimazu » Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:18 pm

thanks for giving me an award ^^ my first contest which i actually made it to the end ^^ ken very happy

thanks to the Mindwarp Crew

Kentaro Shimazu
K.A.T. Translations AMV Division Japan :)
KenShimazu

Postby edoggy » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:25 am

hey im a newbie to this amv contest stuff but i definitely won nothing though i was #1 in the list of losers posted on the minwarp site.
unless that was just some random order... oh well anyway i was wondering if there were goin to be opinions on any of the loser's videos posted anywhere? let me know k :D

edoggy
edoggy

Postby mexicanjunior » Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:53 am

Machine wrote:Are you guys done whining yet?

No! I got screwed dammitt! ^_~
mexicanjunior

Postby Hakura » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:00 pm

How come all anyone has to say is negative things about this contest and like everything else?

It's so much easier to say bad things then it is top say positive...

I mean come one...over 100 AMV's in a night...give them some credit...they deserve it and I think they did their best. No one is perfect nor should they be expected to be ^^ Cut them and everyone else some slack and bring back the FUN in AMV's that we all seem to be lacking ^^ Ok well...not all ^^ *dances around ^^*
Hakura

Postby Vash of Cucumber Studios » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:18 pm

Actually thats the sad thing....no one does it for FUN anymore they all do it for compettion or agrue about it. Hey if you dont like how its run and stuff do it yourself or hey better yet dont even make videos cause when you complain aobut how a costest is run thats usuaually because you lost, I didnt win anything, i got to the 2nd, but ya know what? i dont care! so what if you dont win this time take the time you could spend arugeing about it and complaining and make better videos! Now im not dissing anyones videos im just sayin you could put your energy from that stuff into makin them and they would be that much better.
Vash of Cucumber Studios

Next

Return to AMV Contests