FinalResults GeneStarwind21122's OutlawAnimeClub AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:44 pm

Are the judges pics gonna get posted today :?:

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:57 pm

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:34 pm

Fungie½ wrote:(I was so nervous that Dream World was going to kick my ass, and still think it should've gotten something)
<3 Thanks, but I'm perfectly fine with the results, and see no issue with them. Also, your vids are good, don't let not making the top lists stop you from making what you have fun and want to make. :)
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

djanime2002
Org Profile

contest

Post by djanime2002 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:31 pm

I would like to say congrats to the winners of the contest. I still can't believe i made the Top 20 in my first video contest that i have ever enter in.

Thanks,
Liz

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:36 pm

Oh right the Judge's Choice Awards. There will be the Needhelp Award, Legoboss Award, Toji Fujawara Award, and the Gene Starwind 21122 Award.

The other three are still making up there minds. But here is my judge's choice.

Runner up

Would you be my Girlfriend by AMV4000

And the winner of the Gene Starwind 21122 Award goes to

Tenjou Tenge AMV by saiyan_pride

It was a really tough call for me. I have so many favorite videos in this contest. I'll be keep these vids for a while. Why did you guys have to make it so hard on me. lol. Anyway AMV4000 was that suppost to be romance or comedy. I think it was somewhat comical that you put it to Oh! My Goddess, actually it was pretty wrong and well done.

Saiyan_pride awsome job of editing and a very well executed amv that made it a close call but you squeezed it out.

Remember there are 3 more to be posted. I have to get with the other judges and then they'll be posted shortly. Thankyou for your patience.

Gene Starwind 21122

saiyan_pride
Org Profile

Post by saiyan_pride » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:45 pm

yay tenjou tenge ownes

Nandez
Org Profile

Post by Nandez » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:49 pm

genestarwind21122 wrote:
Maverick-Rubik wrote::?

Way to be a good sportsman.

My vid made finals and didn't even make top 20. Show some backbone.
Thankyou for putting him in his place. Anyway the results were close as you can tell the difference was only .76 from 20th to 1st. We had 2 experience amv creators, 1 amv creator that's relatively new and has watch amv's for a while and 1 amv viewer of 3 years. So we had an experience crew. The judges were Legoboss, Toji Fujiwara (Angel of Tokyo Productions), Gene Starwind 21122 (Starwind/Hawking and Outlaw Productions), and needhelp (Outlaw Productions).
First off noone put me in my place Gene,Second off i'm not starting a flame war or saying the judges suck.I just think some of those vids shouldn't have made it including mine.I know some of the vids that for some reason weren't even on the list that are way better than mine and for some reason they didn't make it and mine did,which confuses me when my vid doesn't even have a story or plot.I didn't enter to win because i knew i couldn't so its not personal I just think the Judges made a mistake or to in deciding which ones made it to the top twenty.Of course i probally couldn't do better.
Pwolf wrote:humans are more likely to steal clips then waffles... proven fact...

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:53 pm

Ever heard of an opinion? :?

Nandez
Org Profile

Post by Nandez » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:05 pm

Yeh I have and thats mine.Btw your avatar is to long you might wanna change that.
Pwolf wrote:humans are more likely to steal clips then waffles... proven fact...

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:07 pm

Unlike major conventions and contest. We here at the Outlaw Anime Club believe in a fair chance. So videos with the best capture sometimes doesn't get in. Sometimes it is the videos with descent quality and a good story. We rated the videos on Org., Capture, Sound, Action, Lip, and Digital. The videos that didn't make the top 20 were still in striking distance of it. I wasn't expecting it to go perfectly. Hey what contest goes perfectly or doesn't offend a creator. I have to admit I've been disappointed that my videos didn't make a final when I thought they should, but I don't go around posting it on the org saying that it was messed up. I talk to the coordinator through a pm or in person if I see him/her at the convention and ask him/her in their opinion what was wrong with the video so I can see where they were coming from. AMV's are like art. Art is very opinionated and is in the eyes of the beholder. Same way with amv's in a sense. I didn't know how hard it was to judge a contest until now. I thought I knew it was hard but not this hard. I have even more respect for the coordinators now and what it is like to run a contest.

Gene Starwind 21122

Return to “AMV Contests”