AWA Iron Chef

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.
User avatar
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 7:42 pm
Status: BLEEP BLOOP!
Location: doki doki space
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby dokidoki » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:37 pm

paizuri wrote:How they pick the competitor is another story altogether.

(huge list deleted)
I thought the winner of Masters was the Challenger. (Think about the competitors for the past few years) I'm not saying Ian isn't a good choice, but that's how I thought it worked. Guess I was wrong. :)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"

User avatar
bloodyfang
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 5:51 pm
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby bloodyfang » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:40 pm

damnit i have to see these vids. why did i have to leave at 6 o~clock why :cry:
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

User avatar
AbsoluteDestiny
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:42 pm

It is usually the winner of Masters, yeah. Unfortunately the winner of masters was not at AWA this year.

Although I can't give an official reason, I think they wanted someone they could guarantee to be there and wanted to announce it at the con. I gave my assurances. Also, asking me to be the competitor allowed a little extra hype over the US vs UK thing so it was deemed a "good idea".

User avatar
Lethann
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2001 10:09 pm
Status: Retired
Location: Otaku Video
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Lethann » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:45 pm

As far as I know of, Iron Chief is Quu's baby... to be a challenger you have to be able to prove to HIM that you can do it. Just cause you're a good AMV editor doesn't mean you can hack the pressure of making a vid in 2 hours.

Anyway.. I'll urge him to post here once I let him out of his 2 week seclusion. 8) He (and his nerves) need a break. Do you know how good it feels to have the house all to ourselves after 2 weeks of non-stop company? :shock: I loved AWA, but I'm glad it's over. ^_^

So speaks Quu2
LOL
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)
The Silver Phoenix | My LiveJournal | My AMV-dot-org Profile

TaranT
Joined: Wed May 16, 2001 11:20 pm
Org Profile

Postby TaranT » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:44 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:It is usually the winner of Masters, yeah. Unfortunately the winner of masters was not at AWA this year.

True. And if I had been, and then been asked (bribed? threatened?)...I don't know. Two hours is not much, especially if Premiere is involved. On the other hand, if Hsien can do it with quarts of alcohol in him...hey, anything's possible :).

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Although I can't give an official reason, I think they wanted someone they could guarantee to be there and wanted to announce it at the con. I gave my assurances. Also, asking me to be the competitor allowed a little extra hype over the US vs UK thing so it was deemed a "good idea".

AD vs Kusoyaro sounds like a great matchup to me. From what little I've seen, I think the two of you have quite different editing styles. It could be very interesting. With some planning and a little luck, I'll be there to watch it unfold.

Lethann wrote:Just cause you're a good AMV editor doesn't mean you can hack the pressure of making a vid in 2 hours.

Very true. Especially with hundreds of people watching your every move.

***************

User avatar
Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 10:03 pm
Location: HOT FUCKING
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Kusoyaro » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:34 am

dokidoki wrote:
paizuri wrote:How they pick the competitor is another story altogether.

I thought the winner of Masters was the Challenger.

I really never thought Masters had anything to do with it. The fact that I was the Challenger the year after I won Masters was a coincidence, i think. And last year, Joe just happened to be around afterwards when they were deciding on the Challenger.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

User avatar
Lethann
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2001 10:09 pm
Status: Retired
Location: Otaku Video
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Lethann » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:48 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:I really never thought Masters had anything to do with it. The fact that I was the Challenger the year after I won Masters was a coincidence, i think. And last year, Joe just happened to be around afterwards when they were deciding on the Challenger.


After talking with Quu last night, this is exactly what happened. He confirms that he is the lone judge of who gets to be challenger and that it was simply coincidence that it was the previous year's winner of Masters.

So basically, if you want to do Iron Chief, you have to bribe Quu and prove you don't mind having a couple hundred people watching over your shoulder and having the Judges poke fun at you while you're trying to work.

Which reminds me... Everone please encourage and buy stuff from the Sponcer this year. He REALLY wants to come back next year, and all he has to do is break even... but if he can't even do that then he can't justify doing it again next year. Also, they will be putting out a DVD with the DDR track and the Iron Chief vids on it. It will be avalable only for the cost of shipping I believe. More details will be on the sponcer's website and will be posted here eventually.
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)
The Silver Phoenix | My LiveJournal | My AMV-dot-org Profile

User avatar
Kwasek
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 11:19 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Kwasek » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:35 pm

What's the link to the sponsers website? is it www.expertdv.com ?

if so I've been surfering around for that little controller that they gave Hsien and Joe and I can't find it on their site. I might be interested in buying that from them, possibly just help out on bringing them back. I think editors could be interested in that little device too.

User avatar
Kwasek
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 11:19 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Kwasek » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:53 pm

http://www.expertdv.com/awa

There is the actual link for AWA.

User avatar
Quu
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2000 1:20 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Quu » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:34 pm

basically... its inperation

you have to impress me... and... it has to click...

I was wracking my brain... trying to figure out who would be a good challenger... honestly so many choices... and i was super worried they would nto show up next year (way to many awards getting mailed out

when I passed ian in the back of the vat... it just clicked...

I asked him... and he agreed...

that is basically how it work... right place, right time right editor...

I basically look for who will put on a good show... not who is "the best"

its a show after all... (of course you have to be good... )
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:13 pm

Quu wrote:basically... its inperation

you have to impress me... and... it has to click...

I was wracking my brain... trying to figure out who would be a good challenger... honestly so many choices... and i was super worried they would nto show up next year (way to many awards getting mailed out

when I passed ian in the back of the vat... it just clicked...

I asked him... and he agreed...

that is basically how it work... right place, right time right editor...

I basically look for who will put on a good show... not who is "the best"

its a show after all... (of course you have to be good... )


My Gosh! I thought you were on a two week ban from posting....

Vlad

User avatar
Quu
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2000 1:20 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Quu » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:45 am

Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

User avatar
dji
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2001 12:47 am
Location: katamari damacy space
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby dji » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:51 am

Kwasek wrote:What's the link to the sponsers website? is it www.expertdv.com ?

if so I've been surfering around for that little controller that they gave Hsien and Joe and I can't find it on their site. I might be interested in buying that from them, possibly just help out on bringing them back. I think editors could be interested in that little device too.


Kwasek: in terms of this conversation.. the editing controller is made by "Contour Designs" ShuttlePro I belive is what its called.. I love it.. it's best $100 bucks I've spent so far for my editing system. You can buy it directly from website.. B&H or as Joe told me.. from the Apple Store.. or in spirit of this forum post.. ZPC/ExpertDV.

Everyone: For those who are going to use it on a Win2K or NT4 platform.. email me.. I have a little a script I use with it to fix the driver software when it goes south on me in premiere.. (you don't even need restart, it's great). Plus I've also gone through the effort of laying out my own configuration.. in case anyone wants a copy of my profiles for premiere and such.
"12 out of 10 crazy bald guys luv my new avatar!"

User avatar
BigName
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2002 12:35 am
Location: San Francisco, California
Org Profile

Postby BigName » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:11 am

the video guys have the shuttlepro controller for $89 and you can even get it for $69 from them if you buy a capture card, pretty good deal, bought mine at NAB 2001 when they first came out, pretty cool, works well with after effects and macromedia director so I'm happy...

http://www.videoguys.com/contour.htm

User avatar
wolf_hunter
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:49 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby wolf_hunter » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:48 pm

FirestormXIII wrote:One day I'll be in the Iron Chef match...

But until then I'll go back under my rock and work on a vid that's good enough to get into the Pro contest 8)





lol exactly


Return to “AMV Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest