Look-Ahead to 2005

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
DaPatches
Org Profile

Post by DaPatches » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:30 pm

Touya_girl wrote:
Fanime2K wrote:I'm still new to the whole AMV thing and I was wondering. How do you get into the conventions. Do you just go and watch vids somewhere, do you submit vids and hope to win, or any other stuff. I think I would like to go to one of these conventions sometime. Are any of them in Arizona?
I'm not sure about any Arizona cons but entering contests is fairly easy. All you do is send in a copy of your video with a submission form to whoever is holding the contest. You don't have to go to the con they will contact you if you win.
I'm on staff at Tekkoshocon and I'm pretty sure that this year there will be two seperate categories. One for competing videos and ones for people not attending the con. If you are not at con, you cannot win since the last few years, all but like one of our winners was from the area, and most of the entries were FROM the area ^^;

So we thought that it would draw more people to the con, and give local editors a chance to shine.

I'm not positive on this, but this is how it is looking to work.

MadNavigator
Org Profile

Post by MadNavigator » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:09 pm

Cool. I can get a jump on things.

I'd like to go for Anime Evolution again, mos def.
Kin the Mad Navigator
Hanamaru Navigation - "New Name, Same Great Taste!"

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:03 pm

KinFreon wrote:Cool. I can get a jump on things.

I'd like to go for Anime Evolution again, mos def.
I'm hoping a lot mre creators go... It's a fun con with it's own AMV room

Vlad

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:35 pm

lucky for me Jacon is during Spring Holiday 8)

oldwrench
Org Profile

Post by oldwrench » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:40 pm

A new con in the midwest, Minneapolis MN, March 11-13, Anime Detour. They have an amv contest, it was small their first time but hope to build up. I don't think they realized the number of amv fans. They hadn't set much time for showing amvs or had any ready to show. Luckily Phade was one of the guest speakers and he had a group of the best on his laptop. They found him time to use the big room to show them and without even announcing it the room filled up in a few minutes. Everyone had a great time. There were only six people who entered amvs last time, I hope we can get more people to enter next time. :D

http://www.animedetour.com/
Where did you say I'm going?.... And what am I doing in a handbasket?

Come and join us on the tiny but fun forum at http://www.allanime.org

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:50 pm

That's cool. But are those dates the deadlines for entering videos into their contests, or when the actual conventions begin?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:16 pm

The actual conventions. As TaranT said, the only due date yet available was for Ohayocon.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:02 am

Scintilla wrote:The actual conventions. As TaranT said, the only due date yet available was for Ohayocon.
Looks like Anime Detour has dates, too. They just posted rules for the AMV contest (use the link in oldwrench's post above).

Convention: March 11, 2005
AMVs due: February 1, 2005

Return to “AMV Contests”