OAS Jpop AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
norskotaku
Org Profile

OAS Jpop AMV Contest Results

Post by norskotaku » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:17 am

The Jpop amv contest we hosted at Yasumicon went very well, thanks to the awesome entries we received. Here is a list of the winners. Congrats to all of you, and all our participants will be receive the judge sheets for their videos with their scores and comments. The winners will each receive prizes courtesy of Jpophouse.com, and pumpkinchick will be in touch with you shortly (as I am in the process of moving to Houston).

thanks again to everyone who entered. there will be a list on OrangeAnime (in the OAS section) of all the entries and exhibition videos with links.

Our winners:

Best of Show - "Believe" by Vicbond007

Best Comedy - "Tonny's nana dan Henkei" by Paulo

Best Drama - "Taisetsu na hito he" by Paulo

Best Action - "Strike On" by JCD

Honorable Mention - "Friendship" by Moonie21122

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:40 am

:shock: .........
Nothing usefull here .

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:47 am

Way to go Paulo! Two wins in two opposite catagories. And congrades to everyone else.

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:18 am

Thanks coffe54 , I'm really surprised with the results , I never thought I could win something with my vids :shock:

And before i forget again :?

Congratulations to all other winners ! ^_^
Nothing usefull here .

LightningCountX
Org Profile

Post by LightningCountX » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:59 pm

Paulo wrote:I never thought I could win something with my vids :shock:
SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!!!

You got the best amv's evar :P

I still love your tony tribute, accually, it makes me wanna go out and buy one peice on dvd's. :D

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Re: OAS Jpop AMV Contest Results

Post by JCD » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:47 pm

norskotaku wrote: Best Action - "Strike On" by JCD
w00t 8)

Thanks alot :) How was the audience reaction to the winners at the con? It's again a shame that I can't watch my video winning... well, and it seems that won't happen at connichi again :d

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:46 am

Was this contest separate from the convention's contest? The AMVs are different than what is listed at the Yasumi Con Web site.

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:07 am

Yes, it was a separate contest, run by OA and solely for J-pop AMVs. It was a really neat idea (next year I'll try to get an entry in), and supposedly it went over pretty well. I wanted to see it, except my buddy dragged me away for something else. Will have to download the winners then, at least. :)

norskotaku
Org Profile

Post by norskotaku » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:46 am

Paulo: you deserved it, man, your videos were awesome. (drama was a close call, though. only a tenth of a point between the winning video and our honorary mention)

JCD: audience reaction was great for all the winners, and all the videos really. you'll get notes about crowd reaction along with the judge sheets.

yeah, this contest was separate from Yasumicon's contest. OA was hosting a Jpop video room the whole weekend, and we organized this contest as a part of that. we didn't have the packed ballrooms the main contest had, but we had 60 or more people, the largest crowd in the room all weekend.

IcyCloud: yeah, you should've come to the contest. the music wasn't headache inducing like the one the day before. lol. congrats on your win in the yasumicon contest, though.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:12 pm

grats guys, I'm not surprised by JCD, Vicbonds or Paulo's wins. er... which is all of them ;p hmm I don't know moonie21122 as an editor, and no link. awell.

I was going to enter this, but I forgot and then the deadline passed. awell. thats what I get for procrastinatin.

Although JCD, I actually like your Fight for Justice vid better than Strike on, I remember thinking you should enter that one to this contest when they first posted it ;p
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Return to “AMV Contests”