AX 2004 Contestants List

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:54 am

Glad to see my comedy video made it in. Its a shame I can't make it to the con :(
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Kazz
Org Profile

Post by Kazz » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:06 am

ErMaC wrote:...this year they were short on AMTv entries, so my guess is yours was "close enough" to the category that it got moved, so as not to have too empty a category.
I think they just enjoy pissing people off...not only did they reopen the contest and take more submissions a month after the deadline (when they didn't accept ours last year saying it was a day or two late), but they moved people from other categories into this one, and they DID NOT use all of the videos submitted as AmTV entries. I posted about this a little while ago in more detail on <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/studio ... html">Live Journal</a> if anyone wants to read it.

I know it's not the best video we've done, but I think it's our best match for the AmTV category, and I think it should have been included before late entries and people who didn't even want to be in the category, although SpPANDA's video's probably better. ;)

I guess I should just be glad I didn't rush to get a drama video done in time, because it probably would have been reclassified as Comedy and then disqualified for not being funny.

So I second SpPANDA's WTF!?

PS Congrats to those of you who did get in...none of my bad feelings are against you. :)

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:14 am

Bummer,

I didn't make the Semi Finalists lists. I was so sure that at least one video would be picked, especially "Anime's Greatest Hits(and Misses)!" That one was well recieved at the recent Sugoicon and Katsucon cons. Ah well. At least I tried for my first submission to AX. But they had like 7 names for two of those categories or somethin, does that mean that there's more than one video in that category made by that creator?

novablastr
Org Profile

Post by novablastr » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:37 pm

what i don't get is why the veterans of music video panel is RIGHT before the actual contest. wouldn't people be in line during the contest? that is where contestants have to pick up the ticket, as far as i read on the ax forum, then we'd have to rush over to the other room. this makes me nervous.

narcted
Org Profile

Post by narcted » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:48 pm

novablastr wrote:what i don't get is why the veterans of music video panel is RIGHT before the actual contest. wouldn't people be in line during the contest? that is where contestants have to pick up the ticket, as far as i read on the ax forum, then we'd have to rush over to the other room. this makes me nervous.
The tickets for the general crowd will be handed out and distributed at 11AM that morning. The seating is assigned, so there really is no reason to line up outside the auditorium too early before hand. Seating opens once the AMV panel is SCHEDULED to end and will go on for at least an hour before the actual contest showing.

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:19 pm

So lemme get this straight. Everyone that submitted to the AMV contest is guaranteed their seat. Doesn't matter if your vids are finalists or not? I saw the list on AX Forum, and they have the C## for everyone. I'm on it too.

Skrasis
Org Profile

Post by Skrasis » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:40 pm

If you entered a video and your name showed up on that entrants list with a number next to your name then you will get a prefered AMV creator seating. In addition to you getting a ticket you will recieve and extra one for a friend. You get your tickets at one of those AMV panels, the one with XStylus i believe.

So its not a total loss that I didnt get into the amtv cateogry which had a lack of entries :roll: /end gripe but i do get prefered seating for just entering thats cool!

Better than last year which creators didn't get any kind of prefered seating some where even running up the aisle screaming (IM HERE! IM HERE!) after there video was played to get to the stage. Me and my co creator are also going to that AMV dinner I hope to see you all there that should be fun.

Skrasis

ProphetDK
Org Profile

Post by ProphetDK » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:21 am

Well we and enterants WERE suppose to have good seating last year, but with a mixup at the seating arrangements we were put right behind the computer island, that blocked our view. so they were frantic in trying to find us seating. Me and my freind just found a spot and parked near one of the side screens and no one bothered us.

The semifinalists did have their seats near the front.

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:59 pm

AMV Dinner? Now thats new. I've been to AX 2001 & 2003 and I haven't heard of that. Whats the deal with that?

Return to “AMV Contests”