SQ hosting a contest? With PRIZES? WTF?! :!O

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:54 pm

Sailor earth, this is how you upload videos:
Toji Fujawara wrote:ok ill try and make this as simple as i can....(sorry its late and im kinda tired)

To upload your video you can do it 2 ways.

First you can simply just put the ftp address in your address bar like you would any normal URL but instead of http:// it will be ftp://. It might take a min or tow but when it is connected a message box will then pop up and ask you for a user name and pass, which are given to you when you request an upload. From there it is a simple click and drag.

The second (and one i use) is a little more complicated. First off you will need an ftp program (look at me being so smart :roll: ) such as WS_FTP or SmartFTP. You can get these by going to Download.com and serching for either program. I use SmartFTP for this...its easy and free but i will explain both programs too.

when using SmartFTP:
First you have to install it (duh)
Then you need to open it
On the screen you will see a place for the address, user name, and pass. Fill in each sections using the information given to you when you request an upload. Then hit enter.
Once a connection is made with the server simply click and drag your file to the all white area that appears after you hit enter. The file should start to upload as soon as you put it in.
wait until the file is done uploading and then close the program

Now when using WS_FTP:
Like always make sure the program is installed and then open it
It will be a little different then SmartFTP but uses the same concept.
Once again you will see a place for the address, user name, and pass where you will fill in that with the information given to you when you request an upload.
When the connection is made you will hear a sound (I think) to let you know your connected
Once your connected you need to locate your file by searching your C drive using the pannel on the left of the program screen.
Once you have found your file hi-light it and press the arrow poing towards the other screen.
A transfer screen will pop up and tell you how long you have until the file is uploaded. Once its done uploading close the program

I suggest making atlest one copy of your video. I haven't needed the second copy yet and i dont honestly know what i would need it for but i sill make one just incae i need it for some strange reason

hope this has been helpful any questions you can pm me
and if someone notices something i left out plz add it one...Thanks

Toji
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:36 pm

Hey everyone,

considering the "Don't show anyone outside the contest" rule...

I don't know why, but this seems more like a project than a contest to me.. Anyway, you guys are allowed to help eachother out and stuff, and since you can only show betas and stuff to people in the project/contest, do you want me to set up a mailing list for you all?
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “AMV Contests”